Students

Waiting for Grades.

I hate the week between finals and when grades are posted! It stresses me out and I can't do anything about it. Realistically I know I did well in my classes but I'm still afraid I'm going to get my grades and see that I failed something. Ugh...I just needed to vent a little.

Re: Waiting for Grades.

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    Haha no I totally understand. The anxiety is killing me too!

I had a mini freak out because I got to exempt one final (I have an A in the class), but the day after, my professor's TA entered the grade for the final as zero rather than N/A or something, which dragged my grade down to a D! I emailed him frantic and he fixed the error. She just didn't have a scantron for me so she just put me down as zero, since he forgot to tell her about me exempting. Phew!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Good luck... our grades got posted early (yay!) and I wound up with A's in all 3 classes this semester (double YAY!)... I still can't believe it. But that wait is awful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_waiting-grades?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:70e688d6-af9d-4933-9cb5-94c2c630f42ePost:2e1a247d-a312-463c-80f7-54482d56a1cf">Re: Waiting for Grades.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha no I totally understand. The anxiety is killing me too! I had a mini freak out because I got to exempt one final (I have an A in the class), but the day after,<strong> my professor's TA entered the grade for the final as zero rather than N/A or something, which dragged my grade down to a D!</strong> I emailed him frantic and he fixed the error. She just didn't have a scantron for me so she just put me down as zero, since he forgot to tell her about me exempting. Phew!
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

I would've freaked out too!  Last semester I had an online class and while I was taking the final the server went down so I couldn't finish because they are timed and once you start you can't pause it. I was freaking out but my professor just graded me off of what I'd had time to do.

• I hate when teachers make mistakes with my grades! Although I havent had anything as bad as getting a zero after being expempted!! That would suck. Last semester I had a teacher enter my percentage instead of  my points on one of my tests. Considering the test was worth 200 points and I did not get a 100% my grade was a lot lower than it should have been! Thankfully she took my word for it and I didnt have to wait until the following semester to get it fixed. (she was already out of town for the summer)

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    Congrats! 

So far four As and one B, waiting on one more professor to post a grade! She is the slowest grader! I can't believe she has not released the grades yet! 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I feel the pain. I'm waiting for one more grade that decides whether or not I have the GPA to get into a prestigious program at my school. Unfortunately, my professor is gallivanting around Europe for who knows how long. She wasn't even there for the presentations of the final project or the final exam. I'm a little bit POed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_waiting-grades?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:70e688d6-af9d-4933-9cb5-94c2c630f42ePost:ba93cd67-facd-4bf8-bbe6-8ad5f88911e6">Re: Waiting for Grades.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the pain. I'm waiting for one more grade that decides whether or not I have the GPA to get into a prestigious program at my school. Unfortunately, my professor is gallivanting around Europe for who knows how long. She wasn't even there for the presentations of the final project or the final exam. I'm a little bit POed.
    Posted by SilverLining1[/QUOTE]

That would really bug me. Thankfully all of our grades have to be turned in a week after finals and they are all posted at the same time.

• Hang in there!  I'm sure you didn't fail, and you'll get them soon enough.  So sense worrying, so you should do something fun in the days while you wait to get them back!

I only have one class this semester, and the final isn't until the 24th, so I feel way behind all of you ladies.  I don't even know when we usually get them back (it's not prompt, though), but it's NBD for this class.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •   I just graduated!! But I was also nervous about my final and the grade. Our teacher had been giving the dean our work so I didn't know what I made on our test, and paper work.  But I made an A for the class.
  • I feel the EXACT same way. I mean I know I didn't fail anything, but still it's that .000001 % that it might be an F.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_waiting-grades?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:70e688d6-af9d-4933-9cb5-94c2c630f42ePost:ba93cd67-facd-4bf8-bbe6-8ad5f88911e6">Re: Waiting for Grades.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the pain. I'm waiting for one more grade that decides whether or not I have the GPA to get into a prestigious program at my school. Unfortunately, my professor is gallivanting around Europe for who knows how long. She wasn't even there for the presentations of the final project or the final exam. I'm a little bit POed.
    Posted by SilverLining1[/QUOTE]

Id be so mad about that! Id probally email her like everyday till grades where posted. I get a lil OCD sometimes lol.

I freak out about grades too but I didn't fail! YAY!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_waiting-grades?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:70e688d6-af9d-4933-9cb5-94c2c630f42ePost:80bce8ad-57bb-4f35-977f-485a707614a8">Re: Waiting for Grades.</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I just graduated!! But I was also nervous about my final and the grade. Our teacher had been giving the dean our work so I didn't know what I made on our test, and paper work.  But I made an A for the class.
    Posted by JessyNChris[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats on graduating. I graduate this friday. Its a great feeling, isn't it? :-)</div>
  • You have to wait a week for your grades? Oh, I dont know how you do that! I would have a panic attack.  My teachers posted our grades within three days of our last class (which was during the week before finals). So I knew what my grades were before finals week even started, which I am so greatful for since I, too, am a little OCD about my grades. And to all of you who graduated, I am totally jealous! I still have some more year in my program, however, I will have enough credits to graduate in December, but I am waiting until May.  Hmmmph only three more semesters of freaking out about grades left for me :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards