Students

Postpone the wedding?

Hi everyone! This is my first post in this board so I'll introduce myself real quick.
I'm Ashlee, I'm 22, and I go to the University of Florida. In May I'll be graduating with my Bachelor's in Health Science, and I'll be starting occupational therapy school in May or August, depending where I go. My FI is Craig, and he will be finishing up his Master's in Education in June. We've been together 6 1/2 years, and I love him more everyday!

We have our wedding planned for 8/11/12, but lately I've been feeling more nervous about that date, for many reasons. First, we do not know where we will be living, if he has a job, and where I will be in grad school. It's very possible that I will have final exams the day before our wedding, which will be a huge stress. Also, that time only gives us a week and a half to get married, honeymoon, and get moved in and settled in to our new life.
Additionally, our ceremony on that day is at noon and our reception is at 5pm. The times can't be changed, and if anyone knows central Florida in August, it is HOT!

So, here is what I'm thinking: Should we change the wedding to 12/22/12? We would have plenty more time to plan and honeymoon. We'd also be more comfortable in our jobs/classes. It is 4 months later, but the timing seems so much better for us and for everyone else. But, we would have problems with leasing, since we won't live together before the wedding...

One last thing I was thinking- Do I just want to move the date later because I am getting cold feet? And if so, will I want to keep moving it back??

Ohh so many things to think about! Sorry it's so long, but I need to hear other thoughts and opinions!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker