Students

confused

So Im currently going to school for graphic design for my bachelors, about a year to go. I also want to get an associates in pasteries ( i know competely different feilds but its what i want) FI lives about an hour and a half away he is going to school and working. The agreement we have now is I finish my bachelores degree before we get married so we set a date for june 15, 2012. I found out today that the gov doesnt give out grants to people who already have a bachelors degree so if I wait to go to pastry school I wont get the grant money. so if I decide to put my bach on hold for 15 months should we move the date up another year or just keep the wedding date
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: confused

• It's whatever you want to do.  Do you want to still be in school when you're married?  Do you not care?  Would it impact your financial aid?  Those are some things to think about.  What does your FI think about it?

good luck!
    Anniversary
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    Ditto Narwhal!!!  She brought up some very good questions, which FI and I have been talking about, since we might have to put the wedding back and I would still be in school, hopefully medical school by then.  But it is a lot of stuff that you and your FI have to talk about.  We are going to decide sometime after September as to what is going to happen and so I am just waiting for him to come back and see if we really need to move the date or not. 
  • Have you talked to the financial aid office of the school you'd be getting your associates degree from?  You may be able to get financial aid somehow, despite having a B.S., through some sort of adult assistance program or something.  It's worth asking. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i have talked to him about it and he said that he supports me no matter what I choose to do. but my parents on the other hand are not being so supportive. they think that i just spent a ton of money and want to go spend more and think that i would go back to finish the degree that im sooo close to finishing. *sighs* i wish this stuff would straighten out so that i could marry the love of my life.
    Im going to have to really cut back on our wedding budget like 2000 total
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards