Students

What should I do?

The fall quater starts on Oct 4th and we'll be getting married on Oct 16th.  Should I take both of my classes online or should I take one class online and one on campus? 

Re: What should I do?

• I said you should do one online and one on campus because I find that it's easy to fall behind and not be on top of things if you're taking everything online. Being in an actual classroom makes it seem more real and serious and it makes me work harder. I'd be afraid I'd miss an announcement, email or deadline if I did it all online! That's just me though, good luck with whatever you choose to do!Smile

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"
  • have you ever taken classes on line.... when i did is sucked... i would suggest same day both classes... but also depend on ur learning style. id rather hear and see how to do what i am supposed to do v.s. sitting at a computer for hours at a time trying to figure out what i am suposed to do because the teacher isnt on line and the claases on line require lots lots of group disscussion so thhen you have to wait for people to post ro respond... but some times every one is waiting for responces and then wasted time... i dont know i just didnt like that when i was taking 3 classes in school and one online and the online class was taking more time then the in class classes.. i thought i was saving time but i really wasent... so i suggested do both in class but if u have to do just one on line and one in class
  • I say online. I am doing my entire master's degree online. if you are not motivated then it might not work for you. However if you have even an ounce of self discipline you can do it.
    Plus, every school is different so it depends on how your online courses are set up.
    It will definitely free some time up for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • I really think this depends on you and how you work, I know personally that I am terrible at keeping up with online classes, so I personally would rather take them in class, and if you have never taken an online class then maybe try taking one and see how well you can handle it, then in the future you will know what is best for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_should-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:857ac6c1-b481-42c0-a5a9-de6ea3c88659Post:b39665bd-8715-4f0d-88a8-5820024a009c">Re: What should I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say online. I am doing my entire master's degree online. if you are not motivated then it might not work for you. However if you have even an ounce of self discipline you can do it. Plus, every school is different so it depends on how your online courses are set up. It will definitely free some time up for you.
    Posted by bellashauntee[/QUOTE]

Unrelated, sorry.
    What school are you taking where its all online (if you don't mind me asking) and what's your major?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards