Students

hi ladies

New to the boards and newwly engaged, as of Thanksgiving!
My FI and I are both sophmores in college, I am a Special Education major, he is a graphic design major. Most for our friends dont support us getting married, but we have found the best options for us. I just cant wait to be Mrs. Smith!!

We are planning a November 2010 wedding, and although it is about a year away I cant help but want to plan plan and then do more planning!

Anways just wanted to introduce myself.

Re: hi ladies

• Congradulations! It is tough when family and friends dont support your decisions, but remember they are just trying to look out for you.  Why don't they support you? have you talked to them about it, been honest and let them express their concerns so that you can tell them your own reasonings.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our friends (and my dad) are just worried that we wont finish school, but before my birth mother passed away the last thing I promised her was that I would get my education. So I have no worries about that. I am hoping that more of our friends will come around with time. I have tried to talk to them, and there was a light at the end of the tunnel, so I am hoping they will se how happy we are and how much we both want to be married.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_hi-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:9b33d2ee-7779-48f2-a90f-134a4d75e088Post:1f636cd3-ef31-44e3-9044-5b6b53a4387d">Re: hi ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our friends (and my dad) are just worried that we wont finish school
    Posted by lindaeads[/QUOTE]

My FI and I are getting married in June and we'll still have a year (or possible a year and a half) of college left. We're both very much looking forward to being married in college! College is really tough and stressful and my FI is sooo supportive of me, and I do the same for him. We think that being married will actually HELP us through college, and <em>definitely</em> not make us drop out!! Perhaps this is the same for you and your FI? If so maybe you could explain this to your family. If your goal as a couple is to help and encourage each other through school, you should have no problem sticking it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards