Students

Creating Balance

Agh, 
 I would go insane if it were not for semester shifts, this is the only time when I go wedding crazy. The problem is, i'm stuck in front of the computer for 2 weeks, or spending all of my money visiting our wedding local (out of state). How do you guys balance your time...do you ever sit in class and think about what flowers are going to be in the pomanders?

Re: Creating Balance

• It's my spring break right now and I actually have a lot of homework to do yet have not done any of it - just been researching and planning in my head!  I definitely day dream about the wedding in class and it doesn't help that we are getting married NEXT year...I keep thinking "Oh my gosh, am I seriously going to be daydreaming and procrastinating like this for the next 16 months!?"  

I've found that things balance out right after I book something.  Once it's booked, I don't have to think about it or research anymore.  It's over and done with and I can move on to studying.  I hope to have everything planned with in the next few months so that I can focus on the fall semester (my last semester)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The biggest thing for me was not to schedule full-time classes. I have kids at home and work full time also, so I really had to reduce my classes in order to keep myself sane. 

I'm only doing 3 classes right now, and I purposely scheduled what I consider "cake" classes...ones that I knowingly can put minimal effort into while still maintaining my GPA.  I could have easily taken all of my final classes and graduated in May...but I also knew that it would kill me trying to do everything.  I had to be ok with putting off my graduation until December.  I'll take the summer off to focus on our wedding and honeymoon...then take the last 2 classes in Fall. (And I'm a much happier bride, mom, co-worker, and student by doing that.)

Also...I use the knot checklist and write in my dayplanner when I shold be doing things for the wedding...that way I know on each specific weekend what wedding things I'll get done so I'm not constantly focusing on it.  "Scheduling hair appointments?  Oh...I've got 2 weeks. Cool."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • It's doable to study and plan, as I've been doing it, but it is a struggle some days.  Hang in there; it works itself out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards