Students
Options

Spring Semester- what are you taking?

Getting ready for spring semester staring Monday, ugh!  What are you guys taking?  What classes are you most excited for/ afraid of?

I'm taking molecular neurobiology, developmental bio, cellular stress response, physics, and education in america.  I'm excited about all the bio, meh about the physics, and horrified by the education class because I hate the amount of useless busy work that accompanies those core classes!
imageimageAnniversary

Re: Spring Semester- what are you taking?

• Options
    ditto regarding the science classes. My worst nightmare.

I'm taking: the legal profession, international intellectual property (doing my "thesis" paper with the prof), Basic trial advocacy, moot court, Criminal Defense clinic.  *sigh*  what the heck did I get myself into??? lol

On the bright side, only 1 class (legal profession) is a substantive class, the rest are hands on, research, or working real cases in the courtroom.  Thank goodness.

Blah.  already counting down to graduation NEXT spring. lol

Good luck to everyone in our upcoming semester. :)
  • Options
    3rd year of medical school - second half:

Psych (6 weeks)
    Pediatrics (6weeks)
    OB-GYN (6weeks)
    Family Medicine (6 weeks)
  • Options
    Sociology, Philosophy, Math, History, and Theatre for me.

I'm excited for theatre, not so excited about the rest of my classes. If I have to write as many papers as I did first semester I might die.
  • Options
    I am taking Psychology 101, Writing Review and Sociology in a Global Perspective.
  • Options
    Psychology of Men, Argumentation, English Lit class

And then I'm a college graduate :-) .... until I start my master's program!
  • Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Old Testament (theology class)
    Ethics  (philosophy class)
    Finite Math

I didn't want to take any of these... but I am a transfer student at a Catholic university.  They are required.

The first two don't bother me as much...but I loathe any math.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    I'm taking Physics, Organic Chem II with Lab, and Human Growth and Development.  Pretty excited about Chem and HG&D, but Physics... not so much.
  • Options
    Physics II with lab, Orgo chem II with lab, and Spanish composition. I loathe physics. But its a requirement for my major. So physics it is. 
  • Options
    okay, time to hate...NOTHING.  Thanks to my committee signing off on my PhD plan of study, I have just research, and NO MORE CLASSES EVAR BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 
    Holiday Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

US History to 1877
    Business Law II
    Personal Finance

Only 3 classes stand between me and graduation!

• Options
    First semester being a senior!!

Music in Public Schools
    Art for Elementary Education
    British Lit. I
    Writing about Literature
    Math for Elementary Education II

Guess what my major is??? :)
  • Options
    mine will change every 4wks but the ones I will have for all 16wks are"

Small animal med
    Imaging (radiology + ultrasound)
    correlates (evilness)
    Practice Management

in total 21hrs I think, but this is my last semsters with classes and tests yippee!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    last semester (thank the Lord)

Community Health Nursing (10 weeks, class 1 day/wk, clinical 1 day/wk)
    Professional Issues in Nursing (10 weeks, class 1 day/wk, papers, projects)
    Nurse as Coordinator of Care (10 weeks, class 1 day/wk, clinical 2 days/wk, paper)
    Capstone Clinical (5 weeks, working 36 hours/wk)

ugh.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Nothing but thesis! Which I really need to start working on...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    2nd semester speech-language pathology grad school:
    Disorders of Fluency
    Voice and Resonance Disorders
    Neurogenic Disorders of Language
    Language Development and Disorders in Preschoolers
    Clinic

Jealous anyone? Haha

• Options
    im excited for about half my classes. my 2 journalism and my public speaking class im excited to take. but i have 3 core classes (Human Biology, Intro to African American Studies, and Intro to the Criminal Justice System) that im not so thrilled about. My very soon to be FI is a Bio major though so he will definatly be able to help me out :) I suck at science.
  • Options
    Im taking EMT Basic, Cultural Anthropology, Math 120, and Into to Radiology

Im in the process of completing all my pre-reqs for the Radiology program.
  • Options
    Accounting for Non-Accountants
    IT:Support:Hardware-Intro
    IT:Support:Software-Intro
    IT:Support:Scripting

... I have a feeling I'm going to reaaally miss my liberal arts classes after this semester.  Le sigh.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-anybody-boudoir-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b92eaaf-704f-4f2b-9cce-9c0b901ff1b4Post:d315744e-1beb-477f-8dd8-7139b589e365">Re: Did anybody do boudoir pics...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question: How did all of you locate photogs to do these pictures with? I didn't do them in the main because I had no clue which photogs to approach.
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

the photographer we had already booked for our wedding is/was well-known in our area for doing killer boudoir photos. it was a no-brainer for me. i will also say that i felt exceptionally lumpy at the time, but the right angles and amazing photography can work wonders.
  • Options
    Masters student for special education:
       Student teaching!  elementary level
       Service delivery models for mild/moderate disabilities
       Reading Methods for 4-6th graders

oh so fun... lol
    "Gone to Carolina in my mind..." image
  • Options
    My semester started last week, and I am STOKED for it! It is my last regular semester. After this, 1 Maymester Spanish class and 1 Summer1 Spanish class.
    I am taking:
    Intro to Painting
    Life Drawing
    Graphic Design II
    Art History of the Italian Renaissance
    and Group Piano I
    I have to take a 'practical' music class to graduate :)
    ALSO. I am doing a graphic design internship with the Tourism Dept. of our City. AND I work about 25-30 hours a week.
    I am going to be one busy gal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wow! quite a variety of classes. i'm taking educational psychology, teaching ag. labs, farm management records & analysis, plant science & lab, senior seminar, multiculturalism in education.  i think that's it.  teaching ag labs will be interesting cuz we r gonna take care of the aquaculture lab, the greenhouse, to ag. mech. stuff (welding, woodworking, etc.), possibly food science stuff, and much more; it is a very hands-on class. unfortunately this is my second time taking ed. psych.
  • Options
    I'm taking my last class - the E-Portfolio.  Basically I have to choose work I've done throughout the Master's program to show that I've learned each of 15 competencies.  Then I have to write an introduction for each competency (3-5 pages each) that states what I believe these comps to mean and why I chose each piece of work as evidence that I've met the comp.  At the end, I write a statement of professional philosophy (5-10 pages), introduction (03-5 pages), conclusion (3-5 pages, and statement of truthfulness (1 paragraph.  Then I post it all online for the advisor to review. 
  • Options
    My word! You ladies are all incredible! I can't believe the courseloads and stress some of you must be under.. and the coping stategies you use xD

This semester I'll be taking:
    College Algebra
    British Literature post 1800
    Health (...mandatory :l)
    Ballet
    Spanish 2

I threw ballet in there so I could have a "less stress" class and get out and move around for once. It ends up being 17 units.. which worries me a little but I know I'll push through xD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is my very first semester at a University (graduated high school in the Fall), so I didn't want to overload myself TOO much since I just jumped right in. I'm taking:
    The Broadway Musical
    Quantitative Reasoning (Math)
    Introduction to Psychology

And a couple easy, 1 credit courses for fun:
    Colleigate Band
    Modern Dance
    Turkish/Egyptian Dance (Bellydance)

I also have 6 credits for English 101 and 102 that I got while still in high school,  putting me at 18 credits by the end of this semester.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

December 2010 Signature Challenge image
    Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    Whoa! Tons of crazy interesting schedules. I'm taking:

Introduction to Logic
    Global Social Trends
    Intermediate Spanish II
    History of the Old South
    History of Modern Africa

Bah, it's gonna be a rough one. :/
This discussion has been closed.