Students

Valentines/Birthday

i need a new idea for my fiance this year for valentines (our 1st one together) and his b-day (march 2nd); fyi mine is feb. 17th. Laughing  i'm on a budget of $15 or less (i think ya'll can understand my reason for being "cheap"), DIY would be great cuz i love that sort of stuff, and nothing that has to do with sex.  i have a couple of things that i've done in the past for my exes, but i'm not sure it would be a good idea to use them again for the guy i'm marrying. maybe if i made adjustments i could.  what do u think?  i will tell u those ideas so that u all can steal them if u'd like.

1. make homemade coupons on the computer (hold hands with me for 15 minutes, one batch of homemade cookies, "wild," etc.) and gave them each an expiration date. -my ex never used them, my fiance might though

2. order a pizza. eat the pizza. decorate the pizza box with hearts, stickers, etc.  bake homemade sugar cookies. make HUGE heart-shaped cookies and several small lip-shaped (X's) and circle (O) cookies. decorate with white and red frosting and put in box.

got any other ideas for me.  i did think of an idea a long time ago but i'm afraid it'll be too cold.  we r building a house so i thought it would be neat to pack a picnic supper and candles and set up a spot on the floor in the house. it would be very romantic, but there isn't even any insulation in the house yet so it would be FREEEEEEZING cold.  we don't really have a place that we can go and be completely alone w/o being disturbed; when the house is done we will finally be able to, but not until then.  thanks for any ideas. Smile

Re: Valentines/Birthday

• I like idea #3 - maybe you could find a space heater and snuggle up in old comforters/quilts on top of old pillows?? make sure to add candles! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've actually done idea number 3, though it wasn't quite as cold as it may be for you.  I think it's a really sweet idea and you should consider it - look into getting a space heater that's gas-powered or something, since your house probably won't have electricity yet; I think you could get something at an outdoor/camping store like REI or D*ck's Sporting Goods, or maybe even something cheaper from Ebay.  Make sure you guys dress warm and have lots of blankets!

ETA: I tried to submit this and TK told me to edit or remove the word D*ck.  It's a name, for crying out loud!  And I've seen people swear in other posts with no modifications, so WTF?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we r all brilliant ladies! Laughing  thank u! i think i'll do my 3rd idea for his b-day. i'll even bake him a lil cake! hehe since his b-day is later than v-day, the house should be along farther; i'll cross my fingers that all the walls will be up.  Smile   now, what should i do for v-day?
  • I like idea #3 also! Maybe you can dress up in Snuggies/Slankets for warmth?

:-P FI hates that my birthday falls exactly 5 minutes after Valentine's Day. He feels the urge to buy me two separate gifts- Valentine's Day and Birthday! (Which is ok by me!).
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • A trivia scavenger hunt is always cute, fun, and cheap. Just take index cards/slips of paper/etc. and write out riddles and lead him to something special... dinner for two/ cookies/whatever.

You could ask questions about yourself (inside your favorite book, inside a movie case, in your favorite chair), about your relationship, or just random trivia.

I did this last year for our anniversary and led him to "our first date." I had a basketball game on and had picked up dinner from the restaurant we went to. He loved the time I spent recreating that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards