Students
Options

Any First Year Law Students?

I'm just about to start exams and freaking out! In the meantime I feel like I've fallen behind in so much wedding stuff :(  I'm getting married right after spring exams and was wondering if any other students had tips for planning a wedding in law school?
Thanks!

Re: Any First Year Law Students?

• Options
    Hey;

I'm a second year.  However, I think the advice is pretty much the same no matter what year you're in...

First, try to get all the big planning stuff out of the way over winter break.   Here, spring semester is when 1Ls have to take Writing and research.  If thats how it is for you too, it will be a busy, packed semester, and you won't want to be out running wedding errands or worrying about securing vendors while you are trying to handle school.

If you can afford it, get a coordinator to help you at least with the day of details.  A friend of mine did that for her wedding this November.

If you have DIY projects that are time consuming, either do them over break, or start them early in the semester, and use them as a sort of break from homework.

Early on, figure out if family members, your FI, or friends are willing to take charge of certain details when the wedding is around the corner.  That way, you will know ahead of time what you will have to do yourself, and can plan accordingly.

**Note** if for some reason you don't have a venue yet, pick one that includes as many things as possible.  Mine does dj, catering, table linens, centerpieces, and most of the decorations I"d planned on doing.  And they are setting it all up & corrdinating the event the day of.  This will leave very lilttle left for me to actually worry about.   (mine's next november)

Good luck!  I know its overwhelming so hang in there!
  • Options
    I'm a third year but I definitely remember life as a 1L. Jenny gave you great advice above. I just wanted to say feel free to vent about law school as much as you want!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    My FI was sweet enough to wait until after I had taken the bar to propose! *phew*

As for planning, if you have the funds or know friends in event planning - seriously consider a wedding planner. That will let you keep your head in the game, as it were, while they keep you on track with the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards