Ohio-Northeast

Too Soon to Register??

Hi!! Our Bridal Shower is in May. It's about 7 months away. Is it too soon to register???
IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Too Soon to Register??

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's too early, just remember that some of the items might be discontinued by then.  We registered for a few things before Christmas in case people wanted to get us something off of the registry as a christmas gift, and we did ger a few things then.  Then we added more things to our registry about a month or two before the shower invitations went out.
  • KT82KT82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its too early. FI and I started registering in September and our wedding is in May. Like pp, just watch for discontinued items as it gets closer to your shower date so you can remove/add as needed.
  • MrsLeleMrsLele member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes. Most things will be sold out/discontinued.
    BFP#1: 1/24/12, MC 2/5/12 @6 wks BFP#2: 4/3/12, EDD 12/11/12 Baby Girl born 11/23/12!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Henri and Charlotte, Christmas 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, not too early. Just keep tabs on it and if stuff ends up being discontinued, replace it with other things. No big deal as long as you check on it once in awhile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah our wedding isn't 'til July and FI and I are planning to start the registry next weekend, LOL. I wanted to have some stuff on there in case of holiday gifts. My plan is just to keep an eye on the registry and make sure a bunch of stuff doesn't get discontinued.
  • Brittany&NateBrittany&Nate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's too early. Just be careful about registering for anything that might be labeled as 'seasonal.' For instance, we registered for one of those fabulous Whirley Pop Popcorn Maker...not sure why that falls under the seasonal category, but it does. I would go ahead and register for things that seem to be constants in the store - kitchen appliances, towels, vacuum, etc. Then when it gets a little closer, register for the more fun stuff, like decor items. And by the way, I LOVE your siggy pic :-)
    wedding countdown Brittany&Nate 1.9.10 Our Wedding Site Our Planning Bio
  • Kmgreen2Kmgreen2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a 7/10 bride and I personally am going to wait until at least next spring (like maybe March or April).  I think ultimately it's up to you but I think it would just be a pain having to worry about things getting discontiuned and sold out, and really at least in my case, no one will be buying us stuff off the registry until the shower.  If people need Christmas or Birthday ideas I'll just tell them a few things then (or gift cards).  But I think it's really just a matter of personal preference.
    Final Count 206 image
  • edited December 2011
    I registered in December for an October wedding. It was too early. You can keep an eye to see if some items are discontinued, but that even doesn't work too well. Many items on each registry did not show as discontinued, but rather as "see associate" (which also applied for items that were only in some stores, or could be ordered online). Or they still showed as available but were not in a single store I went to. We loved BB&B, but still had some trouble with it. For example, if a comforter was discontinued and sold out in king size, but still available in twin, we did not get a notification that it was gone.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's too early to register but not too early to start looking at china patterns and all the other stuff you'll be putting on the registry. Also, shop around to find the best place to register.  If you do decide to start a registry be sure to update it and watch for discontinued items.  You probably shouldn't tell everyone about the registry this early- incase you make changes or decide to register somewhere else instead.
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's never too soon to register. Just keep checking the registry to make sure your items are up to date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards