Students

I need motivation from fellow Brides/Students!

I graduate in May and I cannot wait! Unfortunately, I am experiencing what many experience...the dreaded senioritus! I am getting married in July and I am so excited, yet the stress of the pending months and graduation are beginning to take a tole! Once I'm done with school it will be smooth sailing. I need words of encouragement. I hate procrastinating but now I find myself opening up my laptop and doing anything but research. I need to get work done! Of course I have to deal with group work and my group members seem to have no worries in the world. 
What are you all doing to stay sane and functioning? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need motivation from fellow Brides/Students!

• I know that feeling!  The best thing for me was assign things to do on certain weeks for the wedding and make sure I gave myself enough time for school work.  

Also make sure you give yourself breaks, just not too long.  Motivate yourself by using free time as a reward when you have accomplished a task.  

GL!  You can do it!  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I know the feeling! You should set yourself a list of goals per week. Don't try to do everything or you'll lose motivation. Do you have a planner? It helps me keep focused on the tasks at hand I need to complete every week including work, school, lighting hours for class, wedding planning and downtime with the family and FI. If you invest in a planner, it can really help seeing all your goals set up right in front of you.
  • My last term was the hardest thing for me...
    I was super lucky though because the week finals ended, I was lucky enough to be on vacay from work and my Fi parents and him took me on a mini vacay to their home in NC and we live in FL. It was nice to get away and know I need to finish everything on time so I could get away and TRULY be done.
     Give yourself plenty of breaks, make a schedule and follow it and look forward to everything you have coming. Tell yourself you only have a little time left and you will be fine once its done and can enjoy life that much more!!!

You are soo close, keep it up

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_i-need-motivation-from-fellow-bridesstudents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:cf91131f-6aa9-4f61-99c7-74e187a160abPost:eb3f1de7-673a-4f03-baea-e047c168564e">Re: I need motivation from fellow Brides/Students!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know the feeling! You should set yourself a list of goals per week. Don't try to do everything or you'll lose motivation. Do you have a planner? It helps me keep focused on the tasks at hand I need to complete every week including work, school, lighting hours for class, wedding planning and downtime with the family and FI. If you invest in a planner, it can really help seeing all your goals set up right in front of you.
    Posted by JordanF13[/QUOTE]

This is awesome advice! I also find it is really helpful just to pick out a couple of specific things to work every week and just power through those. If you get more done, great, but at least you'll feel some sense of accomplishment along the way. This goes for both wedding planning and school work, actually. It's amazing how much you can accomplish a little bit at a time.
  • Thank you all for the advice! I do keep a planner. I had procrastinating but I find myself doing it a lot this semester. My FI and I are going to Vegas in a couple of weeks for a Spring Break vaca...we are also getting married in Vegas so we finally get to see our venue in person. Very exciting! Knowing this I powered through two different research papers today so I don't have to worry about anything school related for a while. It feels so nice! The semester is already half way through....even though it feels like it just started. Hopefully the second half goes by just as quickly. I just can't wait to get married. The anticipation is getting to me. Yesterday with my Maid of Honor I kept talking about July and skipping June...I am getting ahead of myself! haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance an I chose to have a long engagment so we could avoid the senioritis mixing with the wedding planning so we graduate April 2014 and we're getting married Aug 2015. I do have an issue with looking up wedding ideas instead of doing homework when I go on the internet. 

We have a girl in my class that is getting married this month during school and she has been SOOO nasty about projects and things because she's stressed out about the wedding. 

Congratulations on graduation! That's a huge leap! and on the wedding! :)
  • I so feel you!  Working on wedding stuff also happens to be way more fun that homework!  In fact I am putting off a lab report now :)  Good luck with everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards