Students

IVY LEAGUE

ANY IVY LEAGUE GRAD STUDENTS/UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ON HERE?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: IVY LEAGUE

• Yes ma'am. Why are you yelling?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_ivy-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:d29491c9-3b4a-4c6e-839d-3188fb715918Post:4bab2741-39dc-4a48-b294-74ba6a72ee66">Re: IVY LEAGUE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes ma'am. <strong>Why are you yelling?
    </strong>Posted by lissadelsol[/QUOTE]

Because she is THIS EXCITED MAYBE?!?!?!?!!?!?!? haha seriously though, the all caps...not so cool!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I always feel like I'm being shouted at through the computer when people type in all caps. The little voice that reads aloud in my head shouts, too. Not so nice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_ivy-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:d29491c9-3b4a-4c6e-839d-3188fb715918Post:a4200edf-a62b-42ca-974b-f8534719a999">Re: IVY LEAGUE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always feel like I'm being shouted at through the computer when people type in all caps. The little voice that reads aloud in my head shouts, too. Not so nice.
    Posted by lissadelsol[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here. Boo. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Guys, Ivy league schools are so much better then normal schools.  That is why she is shouting, she doesn't want any normal school people to comment...
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• OOP!!!! SOOO SORRY! apparently I over stepped my boundries and answered as a non-IVY LEAGUER!!!!!!! I guess Ivy League schools teach people to use ALL CAPS....I wonder what an academic paper looks like there...

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_ivy-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:d29491c9-3b4a-4c6e-839d-3188fb715918Post:ba76af87-7d4f-443e-abcc-2896fe2c3da7">Re: IVY LEAGUE</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOP!!!! SOOO SORRY! apparently I over stepped my boundries and answered as a non-IVY LEAGUER!!!!!!! I guess Ivy League schools teach people to use ALL CAPS....I wonder what an academic paper looks like there...
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

That's what they don't tell us, MLA and APA format is what will show without a doubt that we were educated at a non ivy league institution, and should not be considered worthy.  All caps is the way to go on resume's, academic papers, etc. 
  • Caps = Shouting on the internet. :) I'm not an Ivy Leaguer, for the record.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_ivy-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:d29491c9-3b4a-4c6e-839d-3188fb715918Post:68ffa31b-003b-44a5-8569-a4291213a6e6">Re: IVY LEAGUE</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IVY LEAGUE :   That's what they don't tell us, MLA and APA format is what will show without a doubt that we were educated at a non ivy league institution, and should not be considered worthy.  All caps is the way to go on resume's, academic papers, etc. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]
    FTW!  So Awesome!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited January 2012
    SORRY GUYS!!!!!....Didn't mean to "shout"!! I didn't realize the CAPS lock was on when I originally posted this thread. I know the feeling of reading everything in CAPS and boy is it annoying!  

Anyway, so only one Ivy league student on here?

@AFP07 justy an FYI, actually they do... voice modulation pertains to the actual pitch of someone's voice. It doesn't pertain to the perception that you get from the font that the writer uses :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry, I went to Johns Hopkins. Not an Ivy, by choice. Why does it matter if someone went to an Ivy? This is The Knot, after all, where resumes don't matter too much.
  • edited January 2012
    What is the big deal with me asking if there are is anyone who has attended or is attending an ivy league school? Is this not the student forum??? Are PhD student's, Law students, MD students and nursing students not asking for students similar to them??? Did any of you make a side remark about resumes etc on those threads?Also since when is asking if anyone is currently attending or has attended an "Ivy League" school associated with resumes??? 

Seriously some of you need to take a chill pill pronto!! 

It seems like many of you are offended yet I did not say anything offensive in my OP so why are you making rude remarks? Moreover why are you mad? Didn't you learn the phrase "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all" 

@freebread03 You are right..this is the knot and you are posting on a student forum. So guess what, asking a question regarding attendance at a particular kind of school should not be a problem. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • While it appears that this thread is likely dead, just wanted to clarify what I think the issue here was and why people may have been offended.  OP, I think your post, and your follow up on "asking a question regarding attendance at a particular kind of school" may have been perceived as "only an Ivy league student could sympathize since Ivys are that much tougher."  I'm not saying that's what you meant at all, but it's certainly how it came off.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_ivy-league?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:d29491c9-3b4a-4c6e-839d-3188fb715918Post:11c94120-ad4d-43a1-b8da-e2e10db372ba">Re: IVY LEAGUE</a>:
    [QUOTE]While it appears that this thread is likely dead, just wanted to clarify what I think the issue here was and why people may have been offended.  OP, I think your post, and your follow up on "asking a question regarding attendance at a particular kind of school" may have been perceived as "only an Ivy league student could sympathize since Ivys are that much tougher."  I'm not saying that's what you meant at all, but it's certainly how it came off.
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

<div>I do appreciate your attempt to clarify but if you reread my original post it was a question..not a comment...not a suggestion..a simple question "are there any ivy league students on here?" Please explain how one can perceive what you explained from my f/u question?</div><div>
    </div><div>All in all, I could've been asking this question to network with others and determine how I could get entrance into an ivy league school. Nothing can justify why the previous posters were rude and childish. It just seems like they assumed...which was very childish. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to an Ivy League but don't really get the distinction. Aside from some fun alumni stuff that any school with connections to others could have and maybe a tiny bump in competitiveness for grad school, who cares?!?!?
    Married since May 12, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards