Students
Options

Hi everyone!!!

I got engaged on Christmas night and have been planning everything since then :). My fiance and I are both students but definitely not the traditional ones. I'm a part time student taking a break since I just moved to a new state and have to transfer schools. He's a recent college grad (08) and is starting part time grad school next week. We have a super small budget since we just bought our first house so my dream wedding is being scaled down. What are your budgets if you don't mind me asking? We're set at $5,000 unless a miracle happens. Our vintage theme is going to be mainly DIY and the guest list is small, under 75 people. Cool
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Hi everyone!!!

• Options
    congrats!!

FI and i got engaged at the beginning of december and plan on an october wedding. he graduates in may and is starting grad school once we're married, since i work for the school (and take classes pt) and he would get tuition free as my spouse. 
    we're having a super small wedding, and while the biggest expenses are covered for us (both the wedding and reception are going to be at my parent's home, my grandmother is making my dress and my aunt and uncle purchased the cake), our budget is right around $1000. we're hoping for even less than that! my biggest suggestion is to purchase things as you go along in planning, and try to pick up as much clearance as you can! i was looking at at least $150+ for the invitations that were decent, and actually found some at a clearance store (Ollie's) that i really liked for less than $20! we even got coordinating thank you cards. also, even the knot store has great prices on the sale items, and on top of that, great reviews!

best to you and i hope everything works out wonderfully for you!
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Options
    Congrats! Your budget and guest list is definetly doable

My parents are paying for my wedding (dad would be crushed if he couldn't) and I am thankful for that.  Our wedding is going to be about 350 guests so my budget is quite a bit more, but we are in a situation were it would be only immediate family and a lot of hurt feelings or big.  We decided big was just fine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards