Students

What's everyone up to today?

Hi fellow students!  It's been pretty dead around here.  I'm curious - what are people doing today?  Class? Work? Vacation (I'm jealous!)?  

I am at work, cursing the university's limits on bandwidth usage as I try to download images for my job, processing said images (and winding up with multiple errors), and talking to my male protagonist on gchat.  Have a meeting with my advisor in 40 minutes...ugh. But then he's out of town until late August...yeay!

Re: What's everyone up to today?

• well i am on vacation and my car is getting fixed so i am homebound. 

so much stuff to do and i have no transportation

• I'm at home, about to go to work.  I hope I can work late so I don't have to come home in the afternoon.  Apparently according to my mom, me turning down hours yesterday morning because I was helping my FI move makes me an immature person, even though I stayed late to make up some of them.  And I'm already getting 30 something hours this week.  I'm hoping I can move into my apartment soon.  I can't wait.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_whats-everyone-up-to-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:dfc0f73e-4afe-4bf6-b568-390d17cfc499Post:d4563f30-6838-4ce3-aa61-cdde814faf55">Re: What's everyone up to today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm at home, about to go to work.  I hope I can work late so I don't have to come home in the afternoon.  Apparently according to my mom, me turning down hours yesterday morning because I was helping my FI move makes me an immature person, even though I stayed late to make up some of them.  And I'm already getting 30 something hours this week.  I'm hoping I can move into my apartment soon.  I can't wait.  
    Posted by Annas2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Is your work school related or is it a non-school related job?  Honestly, I don't know how people do a job in addition to school...personally, it's illegal for me to.  I would get kicked out of grad school if I had another paying job, and I'm only payed for 20 hrs a week, so there's not much incentive to do more than that!</div>
  • It's a non-school related job.  It's actual working at a children's retail store.  I've worked since I was 15, mostly because if I wanted something I had to pay for it.  

I'm finishing up my last year of undergrad, so there aren't any restrictions about working.  But then again I would never work anywhere near 30 hours when I have classes.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_whats-everyone-up-to-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:dfc0f73e-4afe-4bf6-b568-390d17cfc499Post:8c76917d-107c-4c51-a880-6bc7cab45bdf">Re: What's everyone up to today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a non-school related job.  It's actual working at a children's retail store.  I've worked since I was 15, mostly because if I wanted something I had to pay for it.   I'm finishing up my last year of undergrad, so there aren't any restrictions about working.  <strong>But then again I would never work anywhere near 30 hours when I have classes</strong>.  
    Posted by Annas2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I hear you on that one!!!</div>
  • It's been super busy over here - I finally have a break between semesters AND a slow month at work. We've taking this break as we can since we know it wont last long!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards