Students
Options

New Student Bride :)

Hello everyone! I just recently found TheKnot.com (and this board in particualar) and thought I should introduce myself (since you'll probably be seeing a lot of me around here, haha).

My fiance and I are both college students. I am a freshman as of this semester (I graduated high school a semester early and went straight to college) and my fiance is a sophomore. We have been dating for a little over 3 years now and got engaged about a month ago (a couple days before Christmas). I'm majoring in Elementary Education (planning on getting my Master's of Education in School Counseling) and he's majoring in Music Education (planning on getting his Master's of Music in Music Theory/Composition). We both currently live in the dorms, but plan on moving into an apartment sometime this summer.

We are having a rather long engagement (which is something I'm sure a lot of you can relate too) since we are both still so young. We plan on getting married sometime in Spring/Summer 2012.

And that's all I can think of to say right now, haha. I hope to meet all of you here on the student board really soon! :D
Wedding Countdown Ticker

December 2010 Signature Challenge image
Bouquet Inspiration

Re: New Student Bride :)

• Options

Congrats and welcome! Happy planning!
    I'm currently in grad school for my masters in El and special ed.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and happy planning!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    Welcome, wishing you all the best!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank you everyone! :) I'm very excited to be here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

December 2010 Signature Challenge image
    Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the boards!
    -sammie
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck with school and planning!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'm in my last semester of college and just engaged as well.  Don't let anyone push you around and tell you you're too young.  I'm sure you and your fiance discussed that.  People in their 30s who get engaged after knowing each other for 3 wks receive less flack than engaged students like us.  Keep your head up and make friends with students in the art department! (I'm getting discarded art project paintings from the art department for our rehearsal dinner for an original feel)
  • Options
    Congratulations and good luck on midterms! lol =)
    Visit The Knot!PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    Yay! Welcome!
    I know I was soo happy when I stumbled across this student section! 
    It's nice to know there are other students who are trying to plan weddings and such!
    have a GREAT weekend!
  • Options
    Congrats and happy planning!  Don't worry about people giving you crap because you are young. I'm in my 4th semester in college. I'm 19 (turning 20 in april) and have been with my fiance for four years (he is 21, will be 22 in march).  I will also be 21 by the time we are married. Sometimes I'm afraid people just dont take you seriously when they realize how young you are. Alot of people are just more mature than others their age though. And being so young doesn't really matter as much as their circumstances.

And about what the PP said about finding an art student, I'm an art student!! So if you want any work done just let me know!!

Again, Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations, and welcome!

I'm glad you're waiting until you're 21 to get married, I can't imagine not being able to drink at my own wedding (champagne toast, right?) and I don't think there's any rush when you're both young.  I mean, if you know you want to spend the rest of your lives together, you don't need a peice of paper and a party to validate that commitement and/or your love, so what's the rush?

That said, I know someone who got married at 18 and is still married and happily preggers with her second child, and I know people who got married at 30 and divorced a couple years later, so don't let people give you crap about being too young :-)

imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    I got engaged a year ago and I was 19 and working on my associates degree at a community school.. Since we got engaged Ive actually had better grades then ever (made the deans list!!) and have graduated from the community school with my Associates in Liberal Arts. So anyone who says you are too young, just turn your head and smile. Im working on my 4 year degree now and I convinced my FI to start going back to school.. Everything will work out, welcome and congrats!!
  • Options
    Welcome to TK! We are in similiar situations... i'm a sophomore in college and my fiance is a junior. We both live in (seperate) on campus apartments, pretty much like dorms. We are also planning on getting married spring of 2012, have been together 4 years, and engaged almost 3 months.

Living seperately in these on campus apartments is getting expensive so i'm hoping we can get an apartment together soon!

Good luck!!
    March 3, 2012
  • Options
    This board is great!  I just found it today and being told constantly that I am so young is grating on my nerves.  On top of that I live in Madrid, Spain and people here don't even consider marriage until they are around 30 (almost always a rule...really, i am not exaggerating!). I am 20 and my fiance is 26 and it makes perfect sense for us to get married now, yet I still feel like people are constantly judging me when they realize how young I am.  As a sidenote I will be 20 when we get married, but here the legal drinking age is 18...so...that's a plus!  :D  

Kikicurlytop, you are completely correct!  Once I went to look at veils with a friend who had a backpack on and I was wearing a sweatshirt and I got such strange looks form the saleswoman.  But once I started making a point to dress professionally it made a huge difference.  I also take along my fiance's mother when going to appointments so they realize I am not just messing around.  :)
  • Options
    Hey CassieeLynn,
    Our stories sound so similar. My fiance and I are both in college as well and I am majoring in elementary education too! We also plan to get married in the summer of 2012. I look forward to planning and maybe we can swap ideas down the road :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards