Students
Options

Another intro

Hi!  As you can tell from my siggy pic I am already married.  My wedding was in Sept 2008.  I wish they had this board back then!  At the time I was going to school full time, working full time, being a mommy, and planning the wedding.  It was a very tiresome time in my life.  I am now in my final year of my BA.  I am majoring in sociology and working on the pre-reqs for the special education credential/Master's program.  Special ed was not my original choice.  I wanted to get an MSW but without one ful year of paid work experience it isn't going to happen.  So if I can't get that afer I get my BA then I will be prepared to apply for the teaching credential program.  If I go that route I plan to get my masters in special ed and teach for a few years and eventually go back for a master's in correctional education.  My main goal in all of this is to end up working in the prison or juvenile system...why?  I really don't know.  Something draws me to it.
CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Another intro

• Options
    Hi!  I'm pretty sure there are some other girls here who want to work in the juvenile/prison system...I can't remember offhand, maybe they'll see this and you guys can chat.  It's a tough choice but I'm sure it's really rewarding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Welcome to the board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    Welcome!! I am a 4th year med student - on my Psychiatry rotation I did a rotation at a high-security psychiatric institution (for criminals who pleaded insanity) - it was VERY interesting; I cam close to choosing psych; so I get it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome.  Yea, most people don't get the prison thing.  It just really interests me.  A psychiatric institution would be really interesting to work at as well!  One of the professor's that teaches in my major works at a local psych institution.  She loves it.  I wouldn't mind that route either.    
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. I'm sure you will be agreat help to those of us who are in school planning the day of our dreams.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards