Students

What is everyone studying?

Hi everyone! I love the idea of this board for student brides and wanted to chime in. What is everyone studying? I am pursuing a master's in educational counseling.

Re: What is everyone studying?

• Hi, there! Welcome to the boards!

I'm finishing up my bachelor's in social work right now. Later on, I want to get my master's in social work as well. FI just got his associates in computer something or other and is continuing to take classes in programming. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Hello and wecome!
    I'm majoring in Aeronautical Flight Technology, graduating in August 2012.  I got my pilots license in 2009 and have continued training through the university, and am applying to work as a flight instructor there.  FI graduated in 2010 with the same degree and now flies at an airline that I'm considering applying for once I have enough flight time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going into Special Education! Such an amazing field! Only another school year and I should be finished! My fiance is a construction worker
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • I am studying Animal Sciences at Washington State University as part of the pre-veterinary program! It just so happens that is what my boyfriend/fiance is studying also!
  • Hello everyone!!
    I'm studying Communication Disorders and I'm a sophomore. I may be graduating a semester early though!
  • I am a double major (B.A.) in Journalism and Creative Writing and probably graduating a semester early in December 2013.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:b5a5e2ea-0858-4ab5-954a-c3847d3bd161">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am studying Animal Sciences at Washington State University as part of the pre-veterinary program! It just so happens that is what my <strong>boyfriend/fiance</strong> is studying also!
    Posted by jroegner91[/QUOTE]

<div>?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I am stuying instrumental music education at the University of Wisconsin Platteville. I absolutely love it! My fiance is studying elementary education and will be getting an endorsement in history. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:ade77575-84e5-4ac0-996a-dd6a98e25263">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going into Special Education! Such an amazing field! Only another school year and I should be finished! My fiance is a construction worker
    Posted by hvcfringe[/QUOTE]

Hello fellow SPED student :)

I'm working on a BA - Special Education. Graduate May 2013 (student teach in January 2013)!
  • Jroegner- WSU? i'm over at Central my best friend goes their and her little sister is there also going into vet stuff I believe!!!
    Kelly Brian- Hello to you too!!!!!! :-)
  • Welcome!

I am studying Secondary Social Studies Education and will evenutally get my Master's in Reading Education. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:c7aee3b8-3220-47c8-b886-f4bcb1926db3">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jroegner- WSU? i'm over at Central my best friend goes their and her little sister is there also going into vet stuff I believe!!! Kelly Brian- Hello to you too!!!!!! :-)
    Posted by hvcfringe[/QUOTE]

We're weekend twins, too :) I'm getting married Aug. 3, 2012! :)
  • I'm studying biology/pre-dental. So I will be a dentist one day :)

BF is studying finance and business admin. He either wants to be a financial advisor or maybe manage my practice one day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• I'm a Creative Writing major with a minor in Editing and Publishing! 

yeah, I'm a that crazy poet person haha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:562d1218-e990-4994-950e-5406112e66d2">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is everyone studying? : We're weekend twins, too :) I'm getting married Aug. 3, 2012! :)
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]
    YEAH! :-)
  • Neuroscience.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:b5a5e2ea-0858-4ab5-954a-c3847d3bd161">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am studying Animal Sciences at Washington State University as part of the pre-veterinary program! It just so happens that is what my boyfriend/fiance is studying also!
    Posted by jroegner91[/QUOTE]

Do you like it there?  I'm looking into WSU for a PhD.  I'd be on the Pullman campus too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:96ea6458-2669-4368-8ad7-8daa9509bbd2">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Creative Writing major with a minor in Editing and Publishing!  yeah, I'm a that crazy poet person haha :)
    Posted by Bay21[/QUOTE]

<div>Woo English buddies! I've got my double in journalism so I can actually make money. :D</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:9a02d761-d929-4367-a64f-87d5a5785505">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is everyone studying? : Do you like it there?  I'm looking into WSU for a PhD.  I'd be on the Pullman campus too.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

<div>Definitely take a trip to the campus before you decide to do your PhD work there. Pullman isn't for everyone, haha. The university is struggling budget wise.</div>
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I'm working towards my Bachelor of Arts in Business and Social Development Studies (it's like a double major, but not) with a specialization in Human Resources Management and a certificate in General Studies of Social Work and another one for Studies of Child Abuse. 

I want to work in the not-for-profit sector in volunteer or event management or something along those lines. I might go for my Masters in Social Work and get into policy eventually too. We'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • BA in Chem and an AAS in ICT (different chem degree). :) Fi is going for CJ.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_everyone-studying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fb339166-b813-47ab-8bbd-730763dd20e2Post:12ee5fdf-a052-4e66-abbb-0efe0dad2f6b">Re: What is everyone studying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is everyone studying? : Woo English buddies! I've got my double in journalism so I can actually make money. :D
    Posted by somethingsilver[/QUOTE]
     haha well thats why i picked up the minor in editing and publishing to "make money" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xxstardustxxstardust member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    FI and I are both working on a master's in secondary education, to be social studies teachers. We start student teaching in 3 weeks, eeeep!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• im an animal science major too! at UT Knoxville, but my fiance is in an entirely different field. (and im prevet as well)
  • I'm studying my Bachelors in Theatrical Studies, with a focus in Playwriting. I have two semesters left!
  • I'm going to graduate school for my Master's in social work. I'm looking forward to graduating in December '12.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi everybody! I'm currently going towards my BA in psychology and will be working towards my MA right before the wedding! Finals will be a week before the big day! 
  • edited January 2012
    I am doing early childhood education and special education. FH is in school for welding. :)
  • geography with a concentration in environmental sciences and high school teaching licensure! 
    Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. -Colossians 3:14
  • I'm studying Middle Childhood Education (4-9) Language Arts and Social Studies.
    I was originally ECE (K-3) and was going to get the 4/5 Endorsement, but then I realized that it just makes more sense for me to be MCE because ideally I want to teach 4th through 6th grade.
    Anyway, I have two years left! Well, 2.5 I guess. I'm going to graduate in May 2014.
    I also have a minor in psychology and have one more class before that's finished!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards