Students

Getting back in to the hang of things...

Hello ladies!

I was just needing to get some advice on how to get back in to the swing of things in regards to school. I did a year of school and decided to take a break...which ended up turning in to a year break (ugh). I just started school again 3 weeks ago....but I feel as though I'm just not catching on to things. I'm trying to work full time (m-f 8-5), be a full time mom to a 2 yr old, take 2 online classes and plan a wedding...and I just feel so overwhelmed and stressed out. I don't even know what to do anymore.

Anyone have any tips on how to get motivated to get everything done? Thanks ladies! =]

Re: Getting back in to the hang of things...

• I completely understand, I had to take a semester off.

One thing I can suggest that has been a lifesaver for me has been a planner.
    If I constantly check off my assignments and to do lists I am less likely to forget something and this leaves more time to study and reduces some of the stress.

Hope this helps!
  • I definitely think that might be something I need to do. I always get confused flipping back and forth between my two class calendars, along with trying to juggle it between plans I make in my personal life. It's impossible. Thanks for the tip! I think I may have to go buy one tomorrow! =]
  • Ditto what Kaitlin said. Planners are life savers, as are to-do lists. They are so great about helping you to remember to get assignments done, and they're great for helping you keep up with wedding planning, too. Also, try your absolute best to work out routines, even if you're ot usually a routine-oriented person. It may be fairly easy, since it sounds like you have a fairly steady schedule. It will also help out with your child, since children do REALLY well on routines.

How far have you come on your wedding planning?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards