California-Inland Empire

recieving line

I feel like an idiot for even asking but what the heck is it, i cant figure it out?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: recieving line

• edited December 2011

Its when the bride and groom, and usually your parents stand and greet all the guests.  I've seen it done before the reception or immediatly after the ceremony.  I prefer it when the bride and groom walk around and talk to their guests during dinner and thank everyone for coming.  It seems a little more relaxed and genuine =)

• emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok so not doing is a recieving line is fine, as long as we walk around and greet everyone during dinner?  just dont want to break any "rules" lol!

• edited December 2011
    Thats what I think =) I'm not doing one either, I'll just walk around and thank everyone
  • edited December 2011
    but now that I think of it, should you great your guests after the ceremony? Like if your getting married in a church, should you make your exit and then hang around to mingle with your guests a little? I'm not sure now lol
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh good thinking. we're leaving a bunch of empty time immediatly after the ceremony at the church for taking the family pictures, and im sure at that time there'll be a lot of natural mingling. we're going to sneak off to the park for the BP pics before the reception and I'm not worried about the time gap because we have a family of talkers so they'll have no problem filling in that hour with just hanging out and talking. 

i'm hoping everything will flow naturally. that's all im trying to accomplish! and a kick ass time!

• edited December 2011
    We walked around during the dinner and greeted people.  I liked it better than a receiving line except we didnt get to eat much and we didn't have time to greet everyone.  Our reception ended at 10 and we didn't hae as much time as you will though.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards