California-Inland Empire

Temecula Winery Weddings...how'd you choose your location?

I just got engaged and just starting the wedding planning. I've been scouring all the websites for the wineries in Temecula and there are so many to choose from!!

For those who have had or are having Temecula Winery weddings...how did you choose your location? Was price your biggest factor? Having an all inclusive package? Favorite wine tasting spot, etc?

Any input or advice is appreciated!

Re: Temecula Winery Weddings...how'd you choose your location?

• I just recently went to South Coast Winery! It was beautiful, but pretty pricey :( I am too still looking around.
  • Congrats on your engagement! I looked at quite a few wineries when I was planning. Budget was my biggest factor. The ones I really liked were the ones I couldn't afford. I did really like the all inclusive factor though becuase it was less to stress about. I suggest finding the ones in your budget and making a weekend of going and checking them out. You can always do some wine tasting while your at it too =)

• South Coast is beautiful! Back in November we went wine tasting and all of the wineries we went to were beautiful. 

It is nice that they are all inclusive, but hot dang! It's expensive!

Right now I am really into Longshadow Ranch Winery. We went to a tasting there and being a horse person, I loved the atmosphere. I am a pretty casual, low key kind of person, so I think that facility would suit me. It's also resonably priced and one of the few wineries that allows outside catered food to be brought. Hopefully we will get out there again this week to speak with the coordinator.

Thanks for the tips, guys!

• Country Gatherings In Temecula Wine Country, A Temecula Valley Wedding Location and Reception Venue That Has Space For All Occasions. Beautiful, Private & Affordable. 20-minutes From Old Town Temecula, A picturesque Drive Threw The Wineries, the venue of choice for both local weddings and destination celebrations.
    Beautiful-Exclusive-Private  Wedding Packages To Fit Any Budget 951-514-8545
  • We are getting married at Longshadow Ranch Winery in Temecula...  This is our favorite wine tasting spot, and was the most affordable for us.,.  The people there are way cool, and its country style, totally looking forward to getting married there...  ::)  Monte de Oro is gorgeous, prob our most favorite look, but was a little out of our price range..  Good luck!!!  :)  B
  • I love Longshadow. I am almost positive that is where we will end up getting married at. So far it's the only place I have been to look at the facilities so far. I want to go to a couple of different places for comparison sake.

The only thing (so far anyway) that I don't like about LSR is there is that nice loft for the girls to get ready at and nothing for the guys.
  • True, ya, the guys will be at a hotel down the street, I will be mainly getting ready somewhere else too, but last touch ups and put on my dress and that upstairs... Look around, find what place speaks to you, cuz one will...  :) I am so excited, nervous, all that..  We looked around, called so many places, just so expensive..  We did call a couple others, just we have too many guests to do it at a place like the other ones....  GOOD LUCK!!!  Girl, enjoy the planning, cuz it can get so stressful and really make u go crazy sometimes..  haha  great times and so fun, but just remember to relax!!!  :) 

Best wishes!!!  B
  • Check out the Villa De Amore in Temecula. Winery feel but very private.  The price is great too!

Good Luck :0)
  • Check out the Villa De Amore in Temecula. Winery feel but very private.  The price is great too!

Good Luck :0)
  • We are getting married at Mount Palomar Winery in Temecula next year. We fell in love with it because it's a big property but still intimate and secluded feeling. The staff there is wonderful and the price point was about where we wanted to be. 

Honestly, you can't really go wrong in Wine Country. There are tons of different options. I hope you and your fiance find a place you fall in love with like we did =D
  • My fiance and I chose this spot in Murrieta called Bella Gardens Estates. It a nice vacation rental for the weekend and has a bridal suite and grooms room. Unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding and our day (April 27, 2013) is now open. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_temecula-winery-weddingshowd-you-choose-your-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:69Discussion:6e6411b8-306c-4c69-a76c-b593f5e165c1Post:2ba0e495-83f9-4baf-8a2a-df8bd396aec9">Re: Temecula Winery Weddings...how'd you choose your location?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at Mount Palomar Winery in Temecula next year. We fell in love with it because it's a big property but still intimate and secluded feeling. The staff there is wonderful and the price point was about where we wanted to be.  Honestly, you can't really go wrong in Wine Country. There are tons of different options. I hope you and your fiance find a place you fall in love with like we did =D
    Posted by mroberg[/QUOTE]

Hi, I am looking to have a vineyard wedding also, and was wondering what Palomar's requirement is for what time the reception has to end by, if you have that information. That would help lots! :)
  • My fiancé and I had our first date at Mount Palomar. We even joined their wine club that day. We are thinking it would be so romantic to get married there. Have you had your wedding yet? If so, how was it as a venue?
  • We're getting married at Wiens.  We also looked at Monte de Oro, Falkner and Wilson Creek.  (Our wedding is 50 people and we wanted our reception in a barrel room, so that restricted us quite a bit since most places have higher minimums.)

Wiens has been phenomenal from the beginning -- they worked with us on price (we ended up being able to combine discounted rates for having our wedding on a Sunday in November, and FI is active military) and their inclusive package is truly inclusive, and they have a ton of things we can borrow that I had been planning to buy/rent (e.g. cool lounge set-up for cocktail hour, burlap-wrapped mason jars for centerpieces).  Plus we will be the only wedding there that day.  

The big selling point was the quality of the wine -- I love their wine, and my girlfriends did too when we looked at sites (I looked with them instead of FI because he had military duty).  Their orange-infused sparkling wine...YUM.  :)  I was not as impressed with the range of wine at Wilson Creek or Monte de Oro, and Falkner didn't give us tastings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards