California-Inland Empire

officiant....

so i have just started looking for one. one of the guys called me back yesterdat and tells me that due to the economy they have cut there prices, instead of 600.00 its 550.00........ummmmmm seriously i was not expecting an officiant to be so pricy. is this the norm??

my mom just started doing weddings and i was thinking of just using her to save the money but do you think that would be tacky?

Re: officiant....

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ummmm I've heard the norm is about $150... wow "we're cutting our price by 50 bucks..." that 50 bucks makes no difference! wow $600 really?!!

My uncle is a reverend, so he's doing mines. my dad is a minister and i was thinking of having him do it, but i soooo want him to walk me down the asile. no i don't think its tacky.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think its tacky either.  in fact i think its nice!! we wanted to have someone in our family or friends do out but we don't have anyone so it didnt work out.  550 seems a little high if it just simply includes the ceremony.  we're paying 600 for the officiant but it includes all the premarriage counseling.

ugh why are weddings so expensive!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The guy that married us was great and no where close to that price.  Let me know if you want me to PM you his info
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes please sarah!!!

thanks guys, i thought it was a little high too...
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think that is a little on the high side. From the little research I have done, I htink the norm is around $300.

• edited December 2011
    I paid $300 or $350.  That included the rehearsal as well.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Mark's Aunt married us- I think it's more intimate to have a family member do it. I think it would be awesome to be able to say that you had such a significant role in your daughters wedding- Just my $0.02 ;)
  • Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your mom should get to be the mother of the bride, not have officiant duties.
    From what I could tell that is average price for the area on an officiant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards