California-Inland Empire

Ceremony and Reception in one venue???

Can this be done. The hall that I am considering renting out for the venue is spacious enough for a dance floor and all the tables but I was wondering to save money if there was anyway that I could do both in one venue? Any suggestions or oppositions. I'm not sure how I would make it work or if it would be too tacky? What do you think??

Re: Ceremony and Reception in one venue???

• edited December 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with having your ceremony and reception at the same place - you would just need to work out your schedule with the venue and ask them how much they'll charge you to rent out the hall for the amount of time you'll need.

You can arrange the seats in rows for the ceremony and then have the seated tables arranged during your cocktail hour/while you're taking photographs. 
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of places do this. My friend's recent wedding was like this. She split the room in half with large sheer curtain-type things hanging from the ceiling, made a nice backdrop for ceremony. After the ceremony, we all went to the other side and had cocktails while they set up for dinner. Then the curtains were taken down for the reception. You can do something like this, the only thing is that you would need a cocktail hour or hors d'ouvres while they set  up for your reception after the ceremony.
  • MrsLuna010308MrsLuna010308 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This all sounds like it would be very doable...Thank you so much for the help.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Wedgewood Indian Hills (in Riverside). The ceremony was outside overlooking the hills and the reception was inside. So it was basically the same location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards