California-Inland Empire
Options

wedding songs selection process

How strict are you being with your song choices? I feel like I am micro managing... but I am quite picky. I dont really like " party music", i dont like any of the secular music on the radio... i like 94.7 the wave music. (smooth jazz) but I also want my guests to have a good time.... I dont know what to do!
BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy

Re: wedding songs selection process

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way. I didn't want all the typical wedding songs and all the songs that play on the radio at my reception. However, I went to a party and my friends were playing only the music we like (lots of indie stuff). EVERYONE else but me and my 3 other friends were saying, "WTF is this music?" and "Put on something we can DANCE to!" What they meant by that was all secular music. At that point I knew if I wanted my guests up on the dance floor I would have to compromise. George and I just found a DJ last weekend and he said he would incorporate some of our music with the secular music out there today. I told him just keep people on the dance floor. I figured I can play my music during the ceremony and cocktail hour.

So, I guess you have to figure out what is more important to you. Listening to your kind of music. Or, playing stuff your guests will also like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards