California-Inland Empire

Venue far from church!

So the venue I love is 30 miles away from the church we like! There are no churches we like near our venue! What do we do? I would hate for people to have to drive 30 miles after the ceremony in traffic..

Re: Venue far from church!

• BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People will drive anywhere you tell them too, just make sure there is enough time for people between the ceremony/reception in case they need a bathroom break or to stop for gas?
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i argee with the previous comment, the people that care about you most will drive. But is it possible to do a amall ceremony (just the parents and bridal party) at the church and have your other guests meet you at the reception? Maybe you dont want to do that, maybe you can figure out  another backup plan. The only reason I say that is because I had my wedding almost a month ago... and my venue was less than 30 miles away from where the guests lived and they still left early...  And the ceremony and reception were in the same spot. Just think carefully before you make the decision that is right for you. HTH and keep us updated!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • bhenry04bhenry04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always heard that the church and venue should be held near each other or hold the wedding at a site that can where you can have your wedding ceremony and reception. But if you are in love with your sites that are in two different areas, go for it!! It's your wedding and it is true if people love and care about you, they will go the distance for you! Go with your heart! Plus 30 miles is not that bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards