California-Inland Empire

Dress alterations

Does anyone know of a cheap and good place to go for dress alterations? I will be getting my dress in Feb and my wedding is in March so I have to make an appointment ASAP!
I dont' know exactly what I will need done to the dress, as I don't have it yet but I definately need a bustle.

TIA
Mayra
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Dress alterations

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know what? You can go to the cleaners. We did that for my MOH when it was her wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    I went to David's but that was because I bought from there.  There's a place here in Redlands.  I know some of the other girls went to people (not a store) for alterations...hopefully they can help.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Davids was a total rip off. I know a few girls here used the Redlands place and was really happy with them. I just cant remember the name of it off of the top of my head
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed,  David's was insanely priced.  I would not recommend their services for alterations.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    No way! My bustle was so complicated (I had the french bustle) that none of my girls could figure the thing out. My dress ended up getting so freakin dirty on the bottom. Stupid DB!
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not going to David's for alterations either.  Im going to find an alterations person as well.  Amber if you have that name to the person in redlands I will check them out :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It's called A & E Tailoring in Redlands.. they are a romanian couple and I heard about them here... turned out DH knew them. They were cheaper than the other quotes for alterations that I got, but I still spent $200.. but I had the french bustle and a couple more pick ups added to the front and more of the bead things from maggie sottero sewn on. Plus, my dress was really big.
  • edited December 2011
    ..I didn't mention that she did a beautiful job.
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I try googling it and it didn't come up, did you mean A & D tailoring? Can you give me the phone number and maybe address?

Thanks
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards