Ohio-Northeast
Options

Vendor Reviews, July 14th wedding

I haven't posted on TK in a long time but I wanted to come back and share my reviews for the new brides-to-be!

Venue: Mohican Gardens, Mohicanville OH. A++
This venue is BEAUTIFUL, the conservatory is the perfect blend of indoor respite from the heat (or rain, which luckily didn't strike us) and outdoor breezes, foliage, and visits from butterflies and hummingbirds. The owners were very helpful in planning and easy to contact - unfortunately they experienced a death in the family this year. My understanding is that the current owner is now trying to sell the place. I recommend this venue 100% for anyone looking for an ourdoor wedding, with the caveat that you might need to ask about ownership and if they will be able to host weddings for sure next year.

Dress: The Dress, Medina OH A+
A small selection, but I happened to find the perfect dress here :) If you're in the area it's certainly worth a look! They staff was friendly and helpful, and they'll store the dress for you so you don't have to worry about taking it home until you need it (perfect for me and my old, dusty house!). And they steam it for you too.

Catering: Old Carolina BBQ, Massilon OH A-
The food was delicious and perfect for our more casual reception. The price was shockingly low considering the quality and quantity of food and service we got. Their smallest option is something like $13 per person! We did the family style service and the guests were allowed to bring home bottles of the yummy BBQ sauces, which some people were very excited about.
We loved it all, but they did forget one of the meats we had ordered for the reception. There was still plenty for everyone to eat and the staff was very apologetic and willing to do whatever possible to make it right. But, thats why they get an A- intstead of a bunch of plusses.

Florist: Blush Custom Weddings, Cleveland OH A+
Jessica was very honest with concerns about my extremely limited budget, so we discussed and decided to have her do just the boutoneires and bouquets (I DIYed the centerpieces for less than $5 a table, which kept me on track with the budget). She did a great job, delivered them for free (to a relative of mine in Cleveland) and they were lovely! She also included a throw bouquet just in case, even though I hadn't ordered one, so we were able to use it for extra decoration.

Photographer, Sarah Der Photography, Chapel Hill NC A+++++++++++
We paid her plane ticket from North Carolina so she could come do our wedding, and we're super glad we did :) I'm going to go crash the NC board to post my raving review about her!!! (Hubby is in the Army and was stationed in NC when he proposed - I imagine most Ohio brides won't want to consider a vendor from so far away so I'll save my gushing. But for serious, we loved her.)

Officiant, Cathy Daniels, OH A+
Cathy was very sweet and well-spoken. She had lots of examples of ceremonies for us to look thorugh and made it easy for us to get what we were looking for in a wedding ceremony. She is easy to contact via email.

Cake, Buehler's Grocery Store, Ashland OH A+
Don't look down on it just because it's a grocery store! The cake was delicious and lovely, and the whole process was super easy. No rush to order way ahead of time, either.

Other:
Sam's Club for some flowers ($40 for 100 stems of mini sunflowers!! Including shipping! A+++ 
All Events Rental in Wooster OH for vase rentals A+
Cherish Paperie for DIY fan program kit A+ (ended up very cute, be sure to read all directions and FAQ on their website first)
Hollo's Papercraft, Brunswick OH for all my DIY stationary (seriously, if you're DIYing ANYTHING you have to come here. It's the best.) A+++++
Vistaprint for STD's (sign up fro their emails and wait for 100 free postcard deal. Ended up paying $11 or something for shipping and thats it. A+)
White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Vendor Reviews, July 14th wedding

• Options
    Thanks for the post! We are also doing family style service from OCBC- how do you think it worked out? I wanted to do family style because I hate waiting for food as a wedding guest and thought it would be faster than buffet or plate service. Do you think it was pretty quick or about the same as the other options?
  • Options
    Hiya, thanks for the review!  Can you get me Cathy Daniels contact info?  Currently looking for an officiant for a friends October 20 wedding. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards