California-Inland Empire

My credit card

So I got a notice the other day stating the APR on one of my credit cards would be raised to 17.99 next month!  WTF??  Hell no!!  It wasn't because I was late or anything.  It was just because.  Damn them people.  Anyway, there was an option to opt out so I took that.  My APR will remain what it is now and the card will be closed automatically once it's paid in full.  Not a problem at all.  That was my plan anyway. 

Another one of my cards lowered the credit balance by over $1000.  And another doubled the APR but I had such a low APR on that one that doubling it didnt make the interest skyrocket.  I only really have one card with a high balance and I hope that one doesn't double the APR.  I'm hoping to pay that one down with some of our tax return.  Anyway, I kinda went on and on there.  Oops.
CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: My credit card

• edited December 2011
    Thats crazy! I hope my cards dont do that, though I wouldnt be surprised. I have a card that was just taken over by Chase so I'm sure they will raise the rate because it was crazy low before. Chase is not my friend lately. I used to have a 4% savings and then Chase bought them out and dropped it to .75% which is such a joke and they now charge a monthly fee which I didnt have before. I ended up closing it and moving to another account!
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 2 cards at 29% Yell the balance isnt high one is $800 and the other is $500 but still this is crap!
  • edited December 2011
    Syl, pay those biotches off!

One of my cards is with Chase as well.  So far they only lowered my limit.  You may be safe.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011

My card company did the same thing. I called to see if they could go somewhere in between my old apr and my new one and they said they wouldn't do it. So, I found a credit union that had a low fixed rate that would never change and transferred the balance. Eff that.

• mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just a little info...state farm bank has cards that give you 0% balance transfers for up to 9 months and then after that the interest is only 9%.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow!  That's awesome!  So how do I sign up?  My ouse and one of my car's is through St. Farm.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I found the rates on State Farms website but none of the crads available say 0% balance transferes and 9% APR....  Cry
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kasi-
    they must have changed like over night because i just did one for one of our customers last week and it was 0%. it was the good neighbor card though. i guess its now 2.9% on transfers and 11.99% interest on purchases. sorry.
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just so you girls know, come January pretty much all credit cards are raising their APR's.  It's ridonkulous! 

I just bitched out Discover a couple of months ago for taking my interest rate from 6% to 21%. The snooty booty lady on the phone told me that I obviously didn't have money or I wouldn't have "borrowed" it to begin with.  Then she went on to tell me that I probably didn't have a well-paying job to pay the balance off.  She's lucky I couldn't crawl through the phone to knock her telemarketer booty out.  Mind you, I was 9 months pregnant and in pain.  Knocking her out would've made my day.  I told a little fib.  I told her that I happened to be a lawyer and that she was mad because she had be a telemarketer, so she was obviously the poor one.  So yeah, I just pulled money from my savings and paid the card off.....f her!
  • edited December 2011
    haha Rebecca!  I'm gonna be monitoring the crap out of my cards now.  I'm done with them. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards