40-Plus Brides

My husband says I was too hard in my letter...

for those of you with children that participate in sports...

My youngest daughter plays volleyball for the church league (CYC - Catholic Youth Council) It is NOT "Club" or "Select" teams, just recreational.

This is what I bitched about:
- The coach had a "make up practice" last night from 830 - 930pm on a school night
- She benched my daughter on Sunday's match because instead of participating in the scrimmage the night before, we went to my cousin's wedding. Mind you the coach only sent the email about the scrimmage 3 days before...
- She only had 2 practices before the season started
- She didn't Blackout this weekend (we have our city's annual fair, which a big deal to these kids - free rides, etc.) so they have a match tonight at 815.
- Without consulting me, they switched my daughter from the team she was on to this one.

I am the former VP of this athletic association and have coached volleyball, basketball and softball.

So I sent out an email to her about all this (after a few emails back and forth) and also discussed with my daughter what was going on and what my daughter wanted to do and agreed it would be better to take her off the team. My husband says I'm being too hard on the coach - who is also the director of volleyball.

My response: whatever. done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards