40-Plus Brides
Options

Stupid hot flashes!

Aye, aye, aye ... I would love to be able to get a good night's sleep.  Someone please, please tell me these damned hot flashes will end ... someday soon.  Ugh!

Oh yeah, 2dBride, I know you never had them.  Lucky, lucky you!

Re: Stupid hot flashes!

• Options
    I never got terrible hot flashes, but they seem to be gone now almost completely. Apparently they've been replaced with heart palpitations. Good times.
  • Options
    Can't tell you they'll stop; sorry.  I've been dealing with night sweats, waking up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched.  It's been so bad that I've had to rinse off in cool water.  Sometimes hormones suck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is that why I wake up so hot in the middle of the night?  NOOOOOOO
    Karla Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_stupid-hot-flashes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:20cbf0f9-872a-4eb0-abd5-b9eb038ce194Post:aacb4462-4676-40a6-8147-a18030bfe554">Re: Stupid hot flashes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never got terrible hot flashes, but they seem to be gone now almost completely. Apparently they've been replaced with heart palpitations. Good times.
    Posted by tenofcups4me[/QUOTE]

Damn, ten ... heart palpitations?  Ick!  Do you have a good cardiologist?  You're scaring me!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_stupid-hot-flashes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:20cbf0f9-872a-4eb0-abd5-b9eb038ce194Post:7a1a0b45-10ca-4763-87b3-b127dd47fa71">Re: Stupid hot flashes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that why I wake up so hot in the middle of the night?  NOOOOOOO
    Posted by karladcook[/QUOTE]

Likely so, darlin' ... welcome to the club. Sorry!
  • Options

Every now & then I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating horribly! Now it happens every month.  I'm thinking pre-menapause....

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm gonna get my test results tomorrow to see if I am indeed going thru menopause.
  • Options
    I have had hot flashes sence I was 30 due to cancer, I take folicacid it works great.  It use to just slow them down so they were not so bad but now they are almost gone.  And I have  slowed down on the folicacid also.

Good Luck
  • Options

I've been having them for 7 years and sometimes they seem like they're getting better, sometimes they get worse.  Soy helps me a lot.  Getting married in 6 weeks and about 2 months ago I went to my gyne and said that I didn't want to be on HRT for long, but I did want to be (relatively) flash free for my wedding.  It's cut them down by 2/3.  Also helps with vaginal dryness.  Win-win situation!  Good luck to you.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_stupid-hot-flashes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:20cbf0f9-872a-4eb0-abd5-b9eb038ce194Post:e98352ca-82b5-4468-bbdf-d57faf607112">Re: Stupid hot flashes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been having them for 7 years and sometimes they seem like they're getting better, sometimes they get worse.  Soy helps me a lot.  Getting married in 6 weeks and about 2 months ago I went to my gyne and said that I didn't want to be on HRT for long, but I did want to be (relatively) flash free for my wedding.  It's cut them down by 2/3.  Also helps with vaginal dryness.  Win-win situation!  Good luck to you.
    Posted by cjackson1481[/QUOTE]

I head to the doc on Friday for something else, so I'll throw this in.  Given that I'm not near menopausal, according to the GYN's test a couple of months ago, I have to find <u>something</u> to give relief.  Whew!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards