40-Plus Brides

MOH Issues

What to do??

Best,
K

Re: MOH Issues

• You are allowed to feel however you do--no one can fault you for wanting her to be involved, and supportive.  However, after reading the first part of your post, I wondered if maybe your MOH is jealous of you.  Possibly.  But the depression she describes-- Is she just sad, or does she have a clinical diagnosis of depression?  Either way, you may want to encourage her to see a clinician and get some help, whether that's through therapy, or meds, or both. 

Try to hang tough--although we know what the traditional roles of the wedding party are, some don't, and if she's truly clinically depressed, she needs help.

I suffered from what was termed "situational depression" during my first marriage's break up.  It was horrible.  I could barely move some days.  The meds truly helped, and I felt so much better!  After a few months, when I could actually see a future without my ex, I was weaned off the meds, and have been med-free for 8 years now.    She may be at a point where she knows what's up with the boyfriend, but just can't see herself to the other side of the end of the relationship.  Just a few thoughts. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Maybe your MOH is feeling blue because she is realizing that her relationship with her BF is not what she wants.  It may be hard for her to see you so happy  and getting married and she's stuck in (from what you said) sounds like not such a great relationship.

Can you talk with her about this?  I met my MOH when we were 10 so I understand the lenght of your friendship. Don't give up on her yet - give her a chance.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards