40-Plus Brides
Options

Engagement photos

Are any of you ladies or have any ladies taken or will take engagement photos?

Re: Engagement photos

• Options

I'm glad we did them. It's always nice to have a good photo of us together, more than candid shots. And there's no other photo that captured us this way... we'd only been engaged a few days when we had them done, we were grinning from ear to ear. Definitely worth it.

Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Options
    We did it, and I'm glad we did. We had travel photos from trips, but not the same, with both of us in them. We made a photobook and used it for our wedding guest book. Also used the one photo we loved in our Save the Dates.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Engagement photos it is!
  • Options
    Yes, we had an engagement photo shoot.  It was a fund experience and the shots were all very good.  Funny though, we don't have a print here at home.  We bought three prints: H has one at his office; we gave one to this father and one to his son.  I have one as my computer screen saver. 
  • Options

Yes, we wanted them.  We're weird.  We had them done in full Scottish dress-he in US Army tartan kilt, jacobean shirt, etc.  I was in 1800s Scottish Country dress, with full length skirt and chemise, leather bodice, and tartan wrap.   And we did them in an historic cemetery in Atlanta.  We have several of them hanging in our home.   At the time, we had already been handfasted, but we weren't sure what we'd do for the legal wedding, so we decided to do the e-pic thing. 

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    YES! Your wedding photographer should do them. You deserve the experience of getting to know the person who will capture your day. It is included in even the most economical of my wedding package(I'm a photographer) because I think its so important. The quality of your wedding photos will go up. Besides, its fun, & no one gets nice pictures of themselves done enough (guilty as charged!).
  • Options
    Hello beautiful one, yes we are doing pre wedding photos. It's cool because we are moving into a new place. It going be nice to have personalized photos that reflect the love we have for each other. I think that's a good thing..It shows this is our home. Take care say forever blessed  
  • Options
    Definately will! Can't wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We will.  We are having a 4 year engagement so probably next fall.  Want a fally type pic to use for save the dates, etc.
  • Options
    We did not, but we only had a four month engagement.  If we had waited until next summer or fall we probably would have.
  • Options
    We are doing ours soon - originally wanted them but couldn't afford them as we are being very careful with our budget but our photographer offered us a free engagement session because she feels like its a wonderful opportunity for us all to get to know each other before the wedding day and gives her a lot of insight to us as a couple. I'm so excited!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did and had so much fun. My profile pic is actually one of the photos from that session. It was a great time to get to know how our photographer works and see how open she is to suggestion, how open we are to her suggestions, etc. Engagement sessions are part of our photographer's wedding packages.

I really didn't think it was important to me until after it was done and I saw our photos. We're both glad we did it.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    We did! He hates to take pictures so it gave the photographer a chance to work with us. I didn't want any big surprises on the wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards