40-Plus Brides

Getting super excited! 83 days and counting!!

Hello everyone!  Ah, 83 days to go... I remember when I was counting down from 186 days to go.  Boy, how time flies and everyday I become a little more exicted and sometimes, emotional. LOL.  First marriage for us both. <3

I always "heard" from my girlfriends who've gotten married about how overwhelming things can get - and no doubt they were right.  The ideas and possibilities (if you have the cash) are endless; I could change my mind every hour on something - so with that, if I see an idea that I like and it immediately feels right - I go with my first instinct, so there is no turning back.  i.e. There was a wedding set up at the club during our tasting, so I stole their place card idea; which was pasted fabric on the front of a folded/tent place card, with a glued piece of decorative cardstock on top of the fabric (to create a framed look)... They look amazing and add a great touch; even though I realize most (90%) of our guests will leave them behind.  When we first began planning, we weren't all about "presentation", but it has turned out that way.  We want the day to be perfect, look perfect, and be perfect for our family and friends; at least that's how we feel now. I think once the day is here, those things won't even be important  - I think I'll be more worried about keeping my emotions (and make-up) in check. LOL. :-)  My fiancee and I have lived together for 12 years (moved in when I was 27) and been together even longer than that.  But still, every time I think about walking down the aisle with my mom (who is giving me away)... I get teary-eyed.  If I hear the song we chose for our first dance; I get teary-eyed.  I even told our Rev. that we wouldn't be able to do the one prayer with us holding hands; I don't think either of us would be able to keep it together.  We're trying our best to keep the event "upbeat" - I want it to be about a celebration - no tears or sappiness allowed! LOL.  

The thoughts and babble just keep coming, so I'll stop here.  Really wanted to start dialog on the forum, as I see this being my refuge for the next 83 days!  

Enjoy the day, ladies!  And happy planning to you!! Laughing 

-KW

Re: Getting super excited! 83 days and counting!!

• It's funny that you say it wasn't about presentation at the beginning but it has turned out that way. I kinda feel the same way. I am so focused on the little details lately, things that I didn't think would matter. I am at 69 days today. I feel like I should be doing something for the wedding every spare moment! I have a very detailed checklist, and according to my checklist I am on schedule. I can't wait to mail out my invitations this coming weekend. So many girls on my month board have already mailed theirs out and are getting responses already. I cant wait to start getting responses too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Monday, ladies!  Thanks so much for your feedback; it's nice to know that I am not alone with my bag of nerves. LOL. :-)

@ Wigem - Congratulations!  I think it's so wonderful that you're finally able to marry and I wish you the very best (...knowing the best is yet to come!)! Keep us posted. :-)

When we got engaged in December, it didn't take me long to pull all of the vendors together and start the ball rolling.  I think by February we had booked everything from the Country Club, flowers, cake, photog, etc.   I was so anxious to dive into the madness!  lol. And it's incredible how quickly everything adds up ($).  

@Weezie - It's exciting to wait for the mailman (or lady) everyday once you've sent the invitations - it's something to look forward to everyday.  Since we're getting married the weekend following July 4th, we sent our save the dates in February and our invites the last week of March; wanted to make sure that we gave people ample time to plan around vacations and traveling. At the beginning our response cards were returned daily; now several weeks later, we're lucky to get one per week. And our maillady is so sweet; she always places the response cards on top of the other mail so it's the first thing I see.  Ah, the anticipation is still killing me!  LOL.  What type of invites did you send?   Our were DIY from Michaels.

@FS - It's amazing how quickly time flies, isn't it?  Before you know it, your special day will be here.  I think it's so awesome that you're sending the invites from Bridal Falls; very nice touch! Wish Pennsylvania had a town similar to mail from; but all we have locally (and not kidding) are Virginville, Paradise, Blue Ball, Intercourse (all in Lancaster County, PA!) .   LOL.

Have a great day! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards