40-Plus Brides

Processional Advice Needed

I've decided that I don't want to go with the traditional processionals, because I cry at other people's weddings when I hear them, so I could only imagine  what it'd be like if I was walking down the aisle to it. LOL.  I've researched processionals through iTunes several times, as well as online in general and am having a difficult time deciding.  

Don't want anything "new age" and prefer something along traditional, just a bit more upbeat (if that's possible?).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Processional Advice Needed

• By traditional processional do you mean  "Here Comes the Bride" march?  I used traditional music, but I walked down the aisle to "Trumpet Voluntary" by Clarke which is upbeat (I think).  There is also "Spring" by Vivaldi and "La Rejouissance" by Handel.  A little less upbeat but one of my most favorite clasical tunes is "Canon in D" by Pachelbel.  We also used "Trumpet Tune" by Purcell as our recessional.  I did not use the traditional recessional either.

Hope that helps....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had Handel's Air, from Water Music, for the rabbi and our attendants, and his Music for the Royal Fireworks IV: La Rejouissance for the two brides.  All of our ceremony music, with videos, can be found at this link.
  • Thank you so much, ladies!  I really appreciate your feedback.  We met w/ our DJ last evening so this is perfect timing.  :-)  One thing for sure is that I do not want to walk down the to "Here Comes the Bride"...  lol.

@2dBride - Love your pic! :)
  • What about Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries? Wink
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_processional-advice-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:69db689d-7fe1-4464-8f32-37d92fce5025Post:334b2ac6-f2f8-4ac3-bede-b00395b524ba">Processional Advice Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've decided that I don't want to go with the traditional processionals, because I cry at other people's weddings when I hear them, so I could only imagine  what it'd be like if I was walking down the aisle to it. LOL.  I've researched processionals through iTunes several times, as well as online in general and am having a difficult time deciding.   Don't want anything "new age" and prefer something along traditional, just a bit more upbeat (if that's possible?). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Posted by kellyw1973[/QUOTE]

<div>Consider the theme from Forrest Gump. Its sweet and familiar. See what you think.</div>
  • Pick something meaningful to you.  The "traditional" pieces have never meant anything to me, so for my first wedding I walked down the aisle to the first part of the Sugarplum Fairy/Prince's pas de deux from the Nutcracker... it's always been one of my favorites since I was a little girl.

For this wedding, we randomly found our band (two guitarists) one day at brunch.  They played Stand By Me (beautiful version of it) and we both really wanted it... we're walking down the aisle together so seems very fitting :)
  • Our wedding party walked to Over the Rainbow Brother Iz version and I walked to a song from When Harry Met SallyOur Love Is Here to Stay.
  • Our wedding party walked to Over the Rainbow Brother Iz version and I walked to a song from When Harry Met Sally Our Love Is Here to Stay.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_processional-advice-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:69db689d-7fe1-4464-8f32-37d92fce5025Post:334b2ac6-f2f8-4ac3-bede-b00395b524ba">Processional Advice Needed</a>:   Oh yes, wonderful music suggestions, Also Moonlight Sonata - Check out the lyrics in love songs (both old ones and new ones) -- If you don't have a vocalist to sing, have the tune played-- intrumental only.  <div>
    </div><div>
    [QUOTE]I've decided that I don't want to go with the traditional processionals, because I cry at other people's weddings when I hear them, so I could only imagine  what it'd be like if I was walking down the aisle to it. LOL.  I've researched processionals through iTunes several times, as well as online in general and am having a difficult time deciding.   Don't want anything "new age" and prefer something along traditional, just a bit more upbeat (if that's possible?). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Posted by kellyw1973[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Hymne by Vangelis
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards