Ohio-Northeast

help??!!

Looking for inexpensive wedding venues.  Total budget is $500. Figured this would get me grocery store flowers, a white prom/bridesmaid dress, and a cake and punch day reception in December. 

No clue where to look for a venue though. Everything that advertises is waay more than I can budget. Is there something hidden you know of? 

Husband wants to have the ceremony outside but we will see how that goes ;) would like to have a back up in case of a blizzard, or worse... no snow at all =D
Thanks <3

Aya

Re: help??!!

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests? Do you or FI (or any family members) belong to a church that might donate the use of their church or school gathering hall? Or perhaps someone you know lives in an apartment or condo complex with a party room? Those are often free or very inexpensive for residents to reserve.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Cathy, I would think that Dec. would be cheaper because its, well not June, and the short notice.

JKohio, No my FI and I don't live in cleveland, but the rest of our families do so we figured it would be the most convenient location. The only place I could think of is the church I grew up in; however, there isn't much of a gathering hall. 

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I am looking, preferably, in the Painesville-Concord area no further west than mentor and no further east than Perry/Madison. I'm worried that if there is too much snow commuting a long distance would be an issue. 
  • saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bonding - I am from that exact area that you are looking.

You might want to check into some of the Lake Metropark facilities - the Farmpark in Kirtland, or the facility at Painesville Twp Park.

Maybe a town hall?  Concord has a town hall that may be able to accomodate you.  St. Mary's church in Painesville has a "family center" that could be used as a gathering hall.

Mentor Beach Park has a decent facility also.  I would also check into the Mentor Senior Center or the Senior Center in Madison - if there's no other events going on.  Perry Twp Park also has a facility.

How many people do you need to accomodate?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, 1st off I looooove your name, very cute. 

Uh, not sure... its last minute and a holiday season... but no more than 100.

Oh yeah, I don't mind going a bit south either. My parents are in Thompson, and his are in Chardon.
  • saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bonding - thank you, it was my nickname as a little girl that my parents called me lol

Hmm, I don't know much about Thompson, so I'm not much help.  Chardon on the square is really pretty, and I have been to  a baby shower at St. Mary's Church in Chardon and it was a really nice setup.  Not sure where the food was catered from, but it was really good!  But if you are doing like appetizers and punch, you won't have to really worry about a caterer.  That might be an option to look into.  Plus, the square and the church are really close - maybe a mile away?

I think all of the metroparks will accomodate 100 people - just not sure what kind of fee they will charge.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  We are having our wedding at the Mentor Senior Center in July.  Please let us know where you chose for your wedding and how it turned out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards