40-Plus Brides
Options

Mags Has Left the Building

I made my first official change today.  I know a lot of ladies don't do this these days, but I have lost the Maglin and will now be forever Young.  I have been called by my first and middle name for most of my life so I gave up my maiden name.  I talked to Dad about it and he was fine and my Mom poked her lip out when I even suggested giving up the double name she has called me (even when I was not in trouble) my entire life.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mags Has Left the Building

• Options
    So, your new last name is Young?  
    I went back to my maiden name of Cook after my divorce, and I'm not sure I want to give it up.  
    My new name will be Karla Kinsky....should I be Karla Cook Kinsky?  
    Decisions, decisions....
    Karla Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_mags-has-left-the-building?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:7988fa14-43b1-4cf8-9e7f-e9bb777d4acdPost:b9b263a1-a1ab-47be-ad0e-7914f051bf7b">Re: Mags Has Left the Building</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, your new last name is Young?   I went back to my maiden name of Cook after my divorce, and <strong><font color="#0000ff">I'm not sure I want to give it up.</font></strong>   My new name will be Karla Kinsky....should I be Karla Cook Kinsky?   Decisions, decisions....
    Posted by karladcook[/QUOTE]

Why <em>would</em> you give it up?  Whatever it is that made you go back to your maiden name (other than dump the husband, dump the name), isn't that enough to make you keep it now?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_mags-has-left-the-building?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:7988fa14-43b1-4cf8-9e7f-e9bb777d4acdPost:55f8b58e-ed5e-4d90-9161-a1adb59419df">Re: Mags Has Left the Building</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's kind of what I think...I lost my identy with my frist husband and I wanna keep it this time...but I do like the way Karla Kinsky looks...I guess I could keep the Cook and not always use it, but it is still part of me!
    Posted by karladcook[/QUOTE]

Well, the good thing is that there is no time limit on making the decision.  Good luck!
  • Options
    When I married the first time I dropped my maiden name and took his. When we divorced I took my maiden name back.  When I got married last fall for the 2nd time I took my new husbands name.  I thought about it for a long time. I enjoyed being Cora Lee Maiden name....but I really love being Cora Lee Married Name now.
  • Options
    We thought about dancing to that at the wedding, but DH thought it was a bit too cheesy.  Have to give him that one.

Yep, new last name is Young.  DH used to tease me that he would always be young when we talked about age and who was older--now I will always be forever younger.  Wink  My day after outfit, which I changed into at about 12:30 AM after the wedding and went and hung out with all the guests at the hotel was a Texas Ranger t-shirt for Michael Young that I had been holding on to for over a year and could finally officially wear it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have thought about changing it here on TK, but have not made to much effort in that direction.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards