40-Plus Brides

garter?

I'm closer to 60 than 50 and closer to 200 pounds than not.  I'm madly in love and can't wait to marry the man I've been waiting my whole life for.  But the garter thing....are you gals doing it? These legs  have seen better days   ;D

Re: garter?

• LOL!  There are some sexy and beautiful garters out there but I am not planning on wearing one for a garter toss or anything like that.  I've never been a fan of the garter toss tradition.   However, I may have a garter for the wedding night just for fun.  Hee-Hee

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I bought a set of matching garters.  I wore one, and my wife wore the other.  They were our "something blue."  However, we didn't throw them.

If you want one, eBay seller Trent Valley Mercantile has a whole line of plus sized ones.
  • No.  Absolutely did not do this.
  • I am going to wear one, but we are not doing the garter toss.  For the grooms eyes only.

Congratulation on your upcoming wedding!
  • I am going to wear a Yankee one for him, and only him. It will be my something blue and maybe during the TTD shoot he can take it off. Not sure how far we are going with that. 
  • We are not doing a garter toss, but I will probably wear one. It will probably have blue in it since that is the one thing missing.
  • I wore one but did not do the toss.  It made me smile just knowing it was there :)
    Anniversary
  • I am wearing one (it is my something blue) and we plan to do the toss.  I actually have a double, one stays with me and a smaller one gets tossed...
    I didn't have a "real" wedding the first time and this time I want to do it all.  
    Karla Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did not have a garter for either my first (1992) or second (2011) weddings.  My legs are great but never, ever did I consider that ritual.  It's just not my style.
  • NOOO! Oh, sorry maybe that's just me. Could never see the point when brides are 20 nevermind any other age. But! If its a tradition that you want who are we to say otherwise?
  • I guess my answer is sorta cheating.  I had mine tattoo'd on me.  Well I tatted (handmade lace) a garter because I liked the pattern and then I got it tattoo'd. So he will always have one.  We will still probably wear a bought for the idea of knowing its there ;).Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards