40-Plus Brides

My mom is getting remarried - what to get her??

Hello, all! My mom is getting remarried next month and I have no idea what to get for her wedding gift! She has everything she needs already leaving me totally lost as to what to get for her! She likes horseback riding and horses. They will be going on a honeymoon to the caribbean. I truly am at a loss here... any help would be appreciated! Buying for birthday and Christmas is hard enough, let alone a wedding! Any ideas??

Re: My mom is getting remarried - what to get her??

• Do you know any details about their honeymoon?  Perhaps you could arrange for a dinner or "experience" for them.  When my daughter married, my son arranged a dinner cruise and sunrise biking experience by contacting those agents directly.  Being a sibling, he had extensive knowledge about the honeymoon, as well as the tastes of the bride and groom. This gift was not a "surprise", as he needed to clear some of the details with the bride and groom first, but the gifts were very well received.

You could also plan a pre-wedding spa day for your mom if she enjoys that type of experience.
  • - a photo of you and her together
    - a camera to take on her honeymoon
    - jewelry she could possibly wear in the wedding
    - a heartfelt handwritten letter telling her what a wonderful mother she has been to you.
    - a gift basket full of goodies : bubble bath,lotion,perfume,candles,hair products..fill it with things she likes...a craft store sells the shrinking cellophane and its easy to use,a hair dryer on hot air shrinks it,tie it with a big red bow :)

i...also google "gifts for the bride" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, a gift certificate for a mani/pedi for before she goes on her honeymoon, or a massage, would be wonderful.  You are a very thoughtful daughter to do this for her!!!! 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I got engaged last July. My mother this past February. My wedding is in mid-September hers in mid-June this year for both. Money is tight and there are two other weddings before mine. With such a low buget I have no idea what to do for my mother. The ideas I've read I tried to plan before I read them but they are far to expensive. Any ideas would be very helpful. Just for the record I was upset she rushed her wedding before mine but, I hve gotten past this. Now I'm just clueless.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards