40-Plus Brides
Options

Older Bride? I wouldn't have it any other way! ; )

It has been my sole choice to hold off on marriage until I was mature enough bother personally but moreso professionally. I don't want my own children...but have adopted 2 beautiful terriers! I'm in love with them as much as human mom's love their children. So for me...life is just about completed. Mature, great health, great career, my two children (doggies) and met my perfect husband. 

Looking back, having been engaged at 25yrs of age I have NO regrets calling that off and waiting. I have learned SO much for witnessing others marriages (sadly which about 80% are now divorced). I didn't come for a stable family unit - watching your parents fight yet "stick it together for the kids"...not the best game plan in the long run (in my opinion). Anyhow, I've embraced the years of experience to learn how to love me FIRST and love another unconditionally. Definitely a road of toads and most like some other princes in the mix - but I just wasn't feeling it for those "nice" guys at the time.

Such is life and it moves forward. I have no regrets at all. ALL of the heartaches and accomplishments made me who I am today. I can honeslty say I love me for all I am (good, bad and the ugly). Kevin my fiance does too. That is what I've learned real love (not lustful love) is about. Its the kind of things great marriages are made of.

I laugh at my older aunts who actually felt sorry for me not being married younger. They just come from a generation of you're either a wife/mother, nurse or a nun. They just didn't have the outstanding opportunities that my generation offered. I hope to be a solid example to my beautiful 8yr old niece (also my flower girl) that getting a man isn't the only goal in life. It's finding yourself, experiencing your own trumphs and failures and still being able to pull through to the other side - ALONE! 

This is a different world. Women need to be independent. We need to be adaptable to ongoing transition in employment, family, health and money. It's just life as we know it.

Looking forward to my April 28, 2012 winery wedding! Kiss

Re: Older Bride? I wouldn't have it any other way! ; )

• Options
    NMINMI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
     I seemed to have lived my life backward:
     I have a beautiful Daughter who will be 21 this year.  
    I  bought a house 11 years ago,
     and now I found a wonderful man to marry.

I'm living the dream, MY WAY!

My mother still tells me I have to be different. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards