40-Plus Brides
Options

Anyone else gone thru this particular nightmare?

Ok, so wedding planning is stressful enough, right?

My FI wanted to be married "as soon as the ink on his divorce was dry."  (He has been separated for 7 years; stayed married to her so she could have medical insurance as she has some fairly major medical issues.)

So, here we are 52 days...52 days!!!! before our wedding, which has grown from cocktails for 40 to dinner and dancing for 100...and his divorce is not yet final.  I am having heart attacks...

Our wedding is 10/15 so invites really really have to go in the mail by 9/1.  The RSVP date already printed on them is 9/19.  Things look like they should go thru, but the settlement conference has been pushed back to 9/7.  I know you ladies don't know all the details and ins and outs...it would take forever to explain the whole situation and I won't do that to you, lol, but do I dare send them out next week if they don't reach an agreement to bring to the judge????  I'm thinking 9/7 is too late to wait...

Breathe, Laura, breathe!  So stressed I cannot even explain it....Any words of advice would be so much appreciated. If we had it to do over again, we would
wait, but it originally looked like we had plenty of time.  She (the hopefully VERY soon-to-be-ex, kept getting court dates cancelled because her mother has been in the hospital in a neighboring state; can't really blame her but that's how we ended up in this mess...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards