40-Plus Brides
Options

when did he first see you in Spanx?

Last summer, after going out for 2 years, he saw me in Spanx for the first time while we were getting ready for a relative's wedding.  I only wear them during the week (with dress pants) and we usually only saw each other on weekends. "What are you wearing?" was his reaction.   The other morning, after moving in, I was struggling to get them on when his car pulled up after walking the dog.  I panicked, then started laughing out loud - maybe some day I'll tell him why, maybe not.  What about you?

Re: when did he first see you in Spanx?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't mind him seeing me in them, but getting into and out of them I hate...So not attractive!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    H and I roared yesterday when I asked him if he remembered the first time seeing me in Spanx.  I only wear them about once or twice/year.  Thie first time he saw me in them, we were getting ready for a wedding.  He just shakes his head when I squeeze myself into them.  Neither of us think its really worth it.  But, trying to get in and out of them is a laugh riot.

Bless you for volunteering for that torture on a daily basis.  Whew!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_when-did-he-first-see-you-in-spanx?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:ce0b17bb-fed0-43eb-85c8-d9f7e1d1af46Post:9366755c-fb81-416e-9107-fd6627d8e6d7">Re: when did he first see you in Spanx?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read somewhere where one of the actresses who were nominated for Oscars for The Help said that she wore 3 pairs of Spanx under her gown.  I wish I could remember who said it.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

That's insane.  I have heard that quite a number of celebrities regularly wear double spanx.  Most of these women are size 2 or smaller.  What would they do if they woke up the size of the <u>average</u> woman (size 12-14)?
  • Options
    LOL I bought some off-brand Spanx I found at DB to wear under my wedding dress.  I tried to put them on, and almost broke my nose on the dresser from all the squirming around I did.  I could not breathe and it looked like I pushed a doughnut up from my waist to under my boobs - not pretty. 

The Spanx have not been seen since.  I am sure now that I was putting them on wrong, or just not tucking the fat rolls in properly.

Its all good - he loves my T & A just like it is!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    FI hasn't seen the Spanx yet, but I did have to call him in from the next room to untangle my arms, head, and shoulders when I got trapped in a compression type exercise bra. You know those videos of escape artists slinging and contorting their upper bodies to try to get out of strait jackets? Yeah, it was that, plus boobs flying everywhere. FI nearly peed himself laughing at me.
  • Options
    These responses are hilarious!
    I wear one whenever I wear a dress or skirt to work, about 2-3 times/week, so he saw me in one within the first 4-5 months of dating. He will NEVER see me put it on or take it off! We actually joke about it...and he likes the look of the black ones, like a catsuit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards