Florida-North Florida

Bridesmaid Luncheon Location

So I am having a Kentucky Derby themed Bridesmaid luncheon (which pretty much just consists of us all wearing big hats) for my girls it will be either the day before the wedding or the weekend before. I originally was going to have an afternoon tea at the Row restaurant at the Riverdale inn. Sort of the atmosphere I was going for. Something cute old time, a courtyard or something along those lines. But then I got to thinking that is not very much food and most of my girls would not be satisfied with tea and a small sandwich with pastries. So I wanted to have the option of more food and the manager there would not let me add on food to the tea menu, so I am having a hard time finding a place that is similar. I thought about Sterlings of Avondale. They have a courtyard with a room adjacent with just windows, although i have never been there just looked at their website. I thought about Casa marina their brunch on Sunday and we could do it outside, but then again lots of people go there for the brunch. I figured you guys would have more ideas or maybe know of a place I have not thought of. Thanks so much.

Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon Location

• edited December 2011
    Biscotti's is right across the street from Sterling's and they have a room that can be sectioned off. I would look into it...they have really good food and desserts. Also the Hill Top in Orange Park kind of sounds like what you're looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my RD at Sterlings in their upstairs room and thought it was really happy with it.  I also looked at Biscotti's but they had an outrageous fee if you reserved one of their rooms.  Sterlings does not charge a food min. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards