Ohio-Northeast

Photos with Gary Coz??

Hey guys!  I am spending a TON of money on the darn reception place at Greystone Hall, and my fiancee and I wanted to help everyone out by budgeting elsewhere.  We heard of Gary Coz from a friend and he has a coupon in the entertainment book.  For his highest package, its still under $1500 with a digital coffee table book and everything!  You get to keep all your prints on cd and get a TON of other stuff.  Has anyone else used him?  I have never heard of him before now and would like to get some opinions.  We did give him a deposit, but if everyone says hes awful I would like to know.  Thanks!!!

Re: Photos with Gary Coz??

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of him, sorry. My favorite photographer lately is Tami Musick. She's done 2 family photo sessions for me (at our house) and I recently did a boudoir session with her. Haven't seen the b-pics yet, but the fam pics came out great. She'll give you your photos on CD as part of the package. Also, she customizes the package to suit your needs. I had 2 photo books done by her and both were fantastic. She does weddings, too, of course. Check out her blog here:
    http://tamaramusick.wordpress.com/
    I believe that she has current rates listed as well.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend that has used him and also gets yearly family pictures done by him also...and they always look wonderful.  And it sounds like those rates are great!  I'd say go for it!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope that you get this before you go and book him.

I actually met with him and booked him paying the $150 deposit.  Then when we were at the bridal show, I heard nothing but bad things about him.  I don't know if his pictures are good or bad but after hearing that I chickened out.  I called him to cancel and all of a sudden he couldn't give us our deposit back even though he said if I decided not to go with him he'd give it back.  He said that the deposit will never expire and we could use it for anything else.  Maybe we'll have him do engagement photos or something...  and if I don't, I'm out the deposit.
    There's a girl on here who said that her brother and sister used him and wish that they wouldn't have....and for her wedding she choose someone else.  We ended up finding a guy that does really good work and is like 200 cheaper for the exact same thing. 
    I hope this helps you....and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the opinions!  I know that any time you go to a bridal show, the competition is going to say bad things.  Not that they are wrong, but I asked about a lot of vendors that were excellent and the other people trashed them!  It was awful and makes you feel really bad about your choices. lol.  Anyway, we actually put in a deposit for his son and then had to cancel because we found someone else to DJ.  He gave us our money back, and even mailed it!  He seems like a nice guy, so hopefully things will work out. haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards