Ohio-Northeast
Options

Ceremony HELP!

Hey Girls!!
I'm getting married on 11-11-11 (399 days to go, but who's counting!)! We are having a traditional Catholic wedding (Mass included) and I need your help! Both of my fiance's parents are deceased and we want to include them in our ceremony, we are just not sure how to go about it. Do any of you have ideas? And who do you think should light the unity candle with my mom? His maternal grandmother? Any ideas you girls have would be fantastic!! Thank you SOOO much!! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 11th, 2011

244 invited 98 accepted! 12 can't make it 134 haven't responded yet
RSVP Date October 25th, 2011

Re: Ceremony HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe light 2 votive candles (include a framed picture of them together between the candles)) and recognize them in a positive way... 

Have a close relative say something to the effect of :

Together in matrimony we light these candles to remind us that(Your FI parent names)  are here watching over (your FI ) and (you) on this beautiful day....

Hope this helps and congratulations on the wedding!

ps) you could also do a slideshow presentation at the reception. We will prob do that at ours.... even a small "tribute table" with pictures and memories .
  • Options
    trinity22587trinity22587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad passed away a few years ago so I am pinning his pilots wings to the back of my dress and I am going to make a flower arrangement to set in his seat. After the ceremony my FH and I will be taking it down to the cemetery. I know our circumstances are different, but maybe you may find inspiration from my ideas. Also Patcatans has some things for honoring people in the wedding section. Like a vase cling or something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards