Florida-North Florida
Options

Booked my venue! Need help with wording...

My husband and I eloped, but we are still planning on having our ceremony and reception as planned. We have finally settled on a venue, and booked Cooper Hall at Camp Blanding. It is beautiful with wood floors and exposed ceiling beams, on the lake with a beautiful pier, and a playground close by for fun photos! I'm so excited. Well, I was, until I read online that it is inproper to have a wedding ceremony and wear a white wedding gown when renewing vows. But we eloped, I didn't get to have a big wedding, and we're mostly only doing it for the family and friends that feel left out. So while it may not be proper, it's what the family wants, so it's what is happening. But I'm having trouble coming up with wording for the invites. Any help on anything would be great! Thanks!

Re: Booked my venue! Need help with wording...

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting on the invitations board.  They're good at this kind of stuff.

Just make sure to not call it your wedding because it's not.  Your wedding was when you actually got married.

And you can wear a white gown at a vow renewal if you want.
  • Options
    Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted on the invitation board and they got a little fiesty. My husband and I understand and appreciate that it is our vow renewal. And on our elopement announcement/ Save the Date it said please save the date to join us as we renew our vows, or something along the lines of that. But his family is calling it a wedding, they weren't at our wedding, they want to see it all. I posted on another wedding site, with all southern brides who were much nicer and more understanding than the ones on the invitation board here, and they helped a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go for it girl! who cares what the etiquette is? you deserve to do whatever you want to do. wear a white dress. call it a wedding. get your hair and makeup done. pick out a first dance song. because you can : )

and ignore the feistiness
  • Options
    <div>I know this is an old post but, I was just wondering what the wording you came up with was? Thanks</div><div>Jenn</div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_booked-venue-need-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:235dca47-4017-4ffa-9e08-c8c054d204b4Post:b2c4e3a7-d5e3-4f93-9a2d-2e419d1b5e71">Re: Booked my venue! Need help with wording...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted on the invitation board and they got a little fiesty. My husband and I understand and appreciate that it is our vow renewal. And on our elopement announcement/ Save the Date it said please save the date to join us as we renew our vows, or something along the lines of that. But his family is calling it a wedding, they weren't at our wedding, they want to see it all. I posted on another wedding site, with all southern brides who were much nicer and more understanding than the ones on the invitation board here, and they helped a lot.
    Posted by Kris092988[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards