Florida-North Florida
Options

I have 48 hrs to plan a wedding...

Yeah, no joke. My future sis-in-law decided she's too stressed out from planning and budgets etc. that she's just going not do the whole wedding thing. I told her to give me 48 hrs to come up with something, so here I am. And I've already realized how stupid I am, so no need to point that out : )

I love weddings and I love planning so I know I can do this. But we are from MS and I don't know the area. (She said if she has a wedding she wants it to be in Florida around the Destin area)  I've heard great things about Rosemary Beach and she loves it too, but doesn't want a wedding there because all of her friends have gotten married there. So I need something Rosemary-ish. My vision…

-Waterfront ceremony, not necessarily in sand. I think a grassy area would be fun too, so open to whatever.
-String lighting or hanging mason jars with votive candles
-Champagne/peach/pastel green color scheme
-Casual and fun food (definitely need suggestions on that)
-Need a pastor, would love a rec for a down-to-earth one
-I'm a wedding photographer so don't need to worry about that, yay!
-Love the idea of renting a huge beachfront house so would appreciate any suggestions on particular houses. If possible, would love to do the ceremony and reception there so that would take care of venue.

I know it's a lot, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Many Thanks,

Brynn Rogel

Re: I have 48 hrs to plan a wedding...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know its not a house, but I will be getting married at Bentley's on the Bay in Santa Rosa Beach.  Its a really beautiful setting - here's their website:
    www.bentleysonthebay.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on Panama City Beach...it's fairly close to Destin, so it's very similar.  There's a place called St. Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach that is really pretty, or Moonspinner condominiums...you can rent a condo for the night if you want and just walk right out the door down some stairs onto the beach.  Also there is a website, www.vrbo.com that stands for vacation rentals by owner, so you can look for a beach house to rent there if that's more the look you're going for.  Eden Gardens State Park is also beautiful! It isn't by the ocean, but there is a lake there and it's a huge open grassy area with trees and shrubs.  It is worth checking out if you're ok with a lake instead of an ocean.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info! I checked out Bentley's and loved it. Just waiting on a reply. And I used to play at St. Andrews Park when I was little!!! (I was born in Panama City) I would love to go back and visit. Thanks so much girls : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When my daughter was looking for an officiant, she talked to Weddings by Drew.  She seemed to like him.  She didn't chose him cuz they have a family friend who is doing it.  I think he is out of Panama City.  Also, her photographer mentioned Alyce Beach for a photo shoot and said that she had done weddings there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards