Florida-North Florida

Photographer Recommendation

Morning ladies!

I am a nestie/knottie from Central PA. My photographer is moving to the Pensacola area in October. I have nothing but great things to say about her, but I do know that moving to a new area is hard to drum up business. I found Kate on The Knot myself, through past bride recommendations and I wanted to give a small shout out to her in case any nesties were ISO photographers. Her name is Katie Willmann and her company is called Captured By Kate Photography. It was easier for me to post this than to comment on separate ISO posts due to the fact that I dont frequent this board, obviously!

Because she is moving to a new area she is running some specials. The first five brides to book with her will get 50% off their package, and believe me this is a steal!

Kates packages include an engagement session (or rehearsal dinner if you prefer) and all day, unlimited hours for the wedding. For us, she photographed us getting ready starting at noon and didnt leave the reception until 11 PM. You will get all the rights to your photos, and everything on DVD or thumb drive. She also has packages that include an album. You are not obligated to purchase prints from her, but you certainly can and all of your photos are posted on online albums for viewing.

She also does maternity, family, and rock the dress shoots. I did a RTD myself with her and was more than pleased.

Her prices are extremely reasonable and she is great to work with. She's artistic and extremely nice and organized. She made my wedding day such a breeze, half the time I didnt even know she was there but she captured some GREAT photos. She is also really great at communication and I never felt like I couldnt depend on her.

Her website is www.capturedbykatephoto.net/ and she blogs about her sessions here: http://capturedbykate.wordpress.com/

If you are interested, or if you want to see more of her work to give a recommendation to someone for a wedding or other event, feel free to email me at steeser03 at yahoo dot come and i'll give you the login info for all of my online albums. If you have any questions about her, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to answer.

You can also become her fan on facebook and follow her work.

Happy wedding planning!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Photographer Recommendation

• edited December 2011
    The most amazing wedding photographer I have ever seen!  Her photos are truly unbelievable.  Everytime someone views my album they are awe struck! My husband and I keep it on our coffee table and look at once a week.  We are married over a year ago and we still can't stop looking at the photos!

You can email me at kristinmariereilly@yahoo.com to get the password to look at the album and the pictures.  Seriously go with CBK....she is AMAZING!
  • Set15spikeSet15spike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used capturedbykate also for our wedding as well.   Kate was phenomenal.  From our engagement photo session to the heart of the wedding, she was personal and by our side.  She was easy to get a hold of for any questions, follow ups, requests etc (emails replies right away, phone calls right back!).  She was the easiest person I worked with through the entire wedding process.   On wedding day, she seemed to e everywhere, and so organized.  She called family members by name for professional photos, which made things go a lot more smoothly.  She also didn't mind the large wedding party that we had and was as patient as a saint (I lost my patience with some of the groomsmen but that's the teacher in me coming out!!!) As far as the photographs go, BEAUTIFUL.  We continually get compliments on our engagement photos and wedding photos.  Right after we showed our wedding pictures, 2 of my engaged friends instantly asked for her information.  I can't rant enough about how much we love them  (which is always why we haven't been able to choose for our album yet!). Another plus- she gives you all the rights to them so no worries about if you want to use them for greeting cards/ announcements etc!  I am so sad to see Kate leave PA because we had hoped to use her for our future family photos, but Florida brides, you are lucky to get her!  

• bcasselbcassel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  Captured by Kate is amazing!  I got married last September on the beach in Cape May, NJ.  I always wanted a beach wedding and I really wanted Kate to be my photographer.  Even though her business was in central PA at that time, she traveled 4 hours just to capture my perfect day.  She had a meeting the very next morning in PA and got up at 6 am to get back home.  She is the best!  She even helped me with planning and calmed me down on the big day!  She really cares about the photos and the people.  Her prices are very reasonable and every  penny is worth it.  We have some of the wedding 8x10s on our wall and everyone who comes to our house comments on how amazing the shots are.  Anyone who can book this girl is lucky!  Check out her website www.capturedbykatephoto.net and you will see for yourself.   I would definitely recommend her for a beach wedding or any wedding for that matter. 
    -Bethany
  • edited December 2011
    hello all!  Just wanted to butt in here with another recommendation for Caputred by Kate.  Katie did our engagement photos, and photographed our wedding in June 2010.  She did a fantastic job and I have received so many compliments on her work.  I can't wait to see our album!

I recommended Captured By Kate to a colleague at work who got married a month before me.  Kate was great to work with all the way through the planning process, and I felt even more relieved after my friend from work told me all about how much she enjoyed working with Kate at her wedding.  Unfortunately her venue wasn't so helpful and Kate really stepped up by helping out with running the day and coordinating with many of the other vendors!

Several of my friends who were recently married had so many problems with their photographers and paid way more than we had to with Kate.  She met the turn around time she committed to on our photos or was faster on both occassions:  engagement and wedding day.  I also appreciate getting copies of all of our photos and she provides a letter giving you permission to print them anywhere.

She was with us all day on the wedding day, and wasn't invasive at all.  She was very organized and had a list for all of the family "posed" photos.  I sent her some examples of candid shots that I wanted and she did a fantastic job of fitting them in throughout the night.

Her photos are so creative and beautiful.  If you'd like to see my photos, feel free to email me at maggie1 @ hotmail dot com and I'm happy to share my password with you.

Good luck with all of your planning.  Please consider Captured By Kate if you're still in search of a photographer for your big day.
  • MattLizMattLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! Katie Willmann of CapturedbyKate photographed our engagement session and wedding/reception; we couldn't have been more pleased with our pictures! My mom read about her on TheKnot, and her prices were so reasonable and she was so professional yet down-to-earth when I initially spoke to her, we looked no further! So many people commented on how amazing her photos are from our family portraits to artistic shots of jewelry and shoes. Her creativity and style are unique and so impressive. We're having a difficult time narrowing down which pictures to choose for our album! Kate is organized, great at communicating, and is there as a friend as well as a photographer. Florida is so lucky to be gaining such a wonderful photographer and gal. :)
    Email me if you'd like to see photos from my wedding: Lizzyd1026@aol.com
    ~Liz
  • alfullmer428alfullmer428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My turn...  Katie is absolutely phenomenal.  A friend of mine actually stumbled upon Captured by Kate through the knot.  Wow, am I ever happy I took her advice and called.  Believe me, Katie is just the person you want by your side on your wedding day snapping pictures.  She's such a wonderful, kind, and fun person - it really was a pleasure having her with us all day.  As for her photography - she's amazing.  She's incredibly creative and the pictures she took at our wedding are stunning.  Katie was a pleasure to work with from the moment we met her.  She even met with us two days before the wedding for a last-minute "engagement session."  Some of our friends are getting married next year and were so bummed to hear that they couldn't book Captured by Kate because of her move.... FLORIDA, you're lucky to have her!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Kate is a fantastic photographer and also a fantastic person.  From when I first met with her, she was super organized and professional.  She provides a contract that is very clear about everything she includes, which is a lot!  Our engagement pictures are beautiful, we get a lot of compliments.  Kate also was with us for the ENTIRE wedding day.  For what little she charged us, this was really a terrific deal.  It was very easy and comfortable having her in the room as the bridesmaids and I got ready.  I never would've felt as comfortable having a middle aged man there while we were getting dressed!  She also helped me to make some last minute decisions about the ceremony which was very helpful.

Now for the important part, the pictures!  The pictures are amazing and there are so many!  She gave me 635 files on a drive so I can do whatever I want with them.  I can also have the option of her printing them for us.  Even though our wedding is over, I still love looking at her blog and all of her new projects :-)

I couldn't recommend her more, she is friendly, professional, and talented.

• JaybsJaybs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Still in the wedding bliss and only being married a little over a month, I must say that Kate, from Captured by Kate, truly made our wedding day more memorable then I ever thought it could be.  I actually met Kate at another friends wedding and not even engaged at the time, but in love and hoping it would happen soon, I knew I would want her to be our photographer at our wedding one day!  When the day happened, I didn't even hesitate to call her, set up a meeting and finally have her photograph one of the best days of my life.  Kate is honestly a professional and not only is she fantastic at what she does, she loves what she does and it shows in her positive attitude and is seen in each photo she takes.  Florida is lucky to be getting such an amazing and talented artist.  For all of those brides to be out there, check out Kate's website and blog, you'll see at first hand what a fabulous photographer she is!  capturedbykatephoto.net 

• tresslertressler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to ad a little to this post! Kate was my photographer on July 31st she also did our rehearsal the night before and did a wonderful job. We could not have asked for a more organized photographer. Kate and I had talked the week prior to my wedding and she had an entire sheet with every family members name. Kate made this into an organized order to get our photos done in a timely fashion. We had 150 family members including 30 kids under 10 in our family photo and Kate had them done in a few mins. She is awesome and I am sorry to see her leave PA! She gets photos back to you in a few weeks. I have my thumb drive with over 1000 photos just from my wedding day.

If you are in need of a photographer I highly recommend her I have nothing negative to say! Her prices can not be beat for the time she invests!
  • edited December 2011
    I ABSOLUTELY recommend Kate as a photographer. We recently got married in June 2010 and we had NOTHING be amazing experiences with her. We found Kate through our DJ, who she had worked on several weddings with. Kate was very willing to work with us, considering at the time we met her we were living in VA.  She traveled to VA to have our intial meeting with her and right away we knew that she was going to be the one!  Later on she also traveled to DC again to do our engagement session.  We had a beautiful engagement session at the Cherry Blossom festival and we even toted our 2 lab mixes along with us.  We received all of the rights to our engagement pictures and used them throughout our reception.  As for the wedding, Kate was one of my go to vendors.  She was there through every step of the day and was extremely helpful with all sorts of questions, including how to tie my bridesmaids sashes.  Kate stayed with us all day, including at trip to our minor league baseball team's ballpark.  Prior to the wedding Kate went and scouted out the perfect spots for pictures and knew exactly what she wanted to shoot when we got there.  She stayed throughout the whole reception and always seemed to know exactly where we were throughout the night.  Whenever we wanted a picture, she was right there for us.  We are currently going through the album process with her, and it is so tough to pick out pictures because ABSOLUTELY ALL of them are amazing.  I am sad to see her leave PA, but I hope many of you soon to be brides will use her!
     Kate even ran after an employee at the ballpark to get these balloons for my favorite picture! Our colors for our wedding were bright and light pink so the balloons fit the theme perfectly. 
  • niklynn622niklynn622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, let me get into this! Kate is by far, hands down, the BEST photographer! I am so grateful for the phenomenal job that she did with both our engagement shoot and wedding day. We were married in June and I couldn't be happier with the job that she did. She has a real knack for finding just the perfect shot. Once we received our photos, the editing she does is spectacular! We have so many photos that are our "favorites!" It truly has been hard to pick the ones that I want enlarged to hang on the walls because they are all great.

When we show friends and family our pictures, they truly are blown away by them. A coworker of mine's daughter is getting married in October, unfortunately Kate will be joining you guys then! She was so sad that she couldn't have Kate shoot her daughter's wedding. I'm so sad that she's leaving! We really wanted to continue to use her as our family grows :) I guess we'll just have to catch her if she comes back up for a visit!

Seriously though, if you are looking for a photographer to capture one of your most special days, Kate is the one. She is so sweet and courteous. You really won't even notice that she's there at all during the wedding day. Somehow she captures those moments that you missed. Don't know how she does it, but she does. She's very organized and definitely keeps on top of everything. I bet we told her a dozen different ideas of where we wanted to do our engagement shoot. She always got back to us quickly and helped with the decision we ultimately made. Her prices are fair and her work is AWESOME! :) Enjoy her girls!

Nicole

Oh and by the way, the slideshow she does with your first dance song will make you cry like a baby! Other family did too! :)
  • edewitt25edewitt25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hired Kate (Captured by Kate) to photograph our wedding in August and we were thrilled with the photos!  She spent the entire day with us and was a joy to work with.  Her love for photography shows!  We could not believe we were able to get someone of such high quality/experience at such a great price.  I always check her website to see her photos because they are so beautiful!!  Her website is:
    http://www.capturedbykatephoto.net/Home.html

We have showed all of our family and friends the photos and the response is always 'Who was your photographer?  They did an awesome job!'  Everyone loved how creative she was and the vision she had for a variety of shots, not just the standard wedding portraits.  Sadly, she is leaving us in Pennsylvania but don't wait Florida!  Hire her before everyone else does and your date is booked!! Smile

• edited December 2011
    Choosing Kate as our photographer was an easy decision after I was a bridesmaid in a wedding that she shot.  The book she put together for that wedding is gorgeous, and I knew she would do a great job with our wedding.  It amazed me to see how well she handled all of the activity of the day, she called everyone by name to arrange the photos, and she was professional and fun at the same time.

On our wedding day, she probably doesn't even realize it, but her demeanor really helped me calm down and actually enjoy the day because I knew she had things under control.  I think we were lucky with the weather we got that day, but I'm still amazed at how gorgeous the pictures turned out.  She was able to capture the feel of the day, and for that I am grateful.  Because we had only 30 guests, it was great to be able to direct other friends and famlily to her blog to see the slideshow she put together to our wedding song.  I cry pretty much every time I watch it (and I watch it a lot). 

So, to Katie, THANK YOU.  And to all of you Florida brides-to-be, you are so very lucky to be getting her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards