Ohio-Northeast
Options

The Metropolitan and Gervasi

Hello all,

Has anyone ever had a wedding ceremony/reception at Gervasi Vineyard or The Metropolitan Center in Canton? Do they have good food? Are they outrageously expensive? Are they easy to deal with? I was thinking about having the ceremony at Gervasi and maybe the reception at The Metropolitan.

Thanks in advance!

Kim
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Metropolitan and Gervasi

• Options
    shannamarietshannamariet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having both the ceremony and reception at the Metropolitan.  We are using the rooftop terrace for the ceremony/cocktail hour and ballroom for the reception.  Bill has been great to work with so far! They have recently gone through some changes as far as catering companies go and currently you can bring in any company you choose for catering.  I heard this is going to change and they will have a few different companies to choose from in the future.  They provide the alcohol and I felt to was comparable in price to other venues we looked at.  There is a fee to rent the venue, but we have the whole floor (both indoor and outdoor space) so I'm not sure if it would be different for just the ballroom.  Another great thing about the Metropolitan is that the Mckinley Grand is 2 blocks away. If you have oot guests there is a close place for ppl to stay.  If you have any questions let me know I'd be happy to fill you in on any other details you want to hear about. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to look at the Metro tonight. I would love to hear your thoughts about everything from you Shanna. You can email me at jmsyroid@aol.com.
    Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shanna: Thanksfor the info!  Do you know offhand if the McKinley Memorial and the Canton Garden Center are free to take photos at? Also, who's your caterer? I met with Bill yesterday and he seems wonderful to work with. Have you contacted DeeDee yet about decor? If so, what is she like? If you'd like to email me off the boards, my email is kimrcastle@yahoo.com.

JMS: How did your visit go? Did you like the space? I think we might have had an appointment right after you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED it. I am meeting with Joe tomorrow for the catering. Do you think you are going to book it? I think I am going to. My appointment was at 6.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to book it too. I really enjoyed Bill. We are meeting with Joe next Tuesday for catering. Lol.

Our appointment was at 6:30 so I think we just missed each other!

Are you still getting married in January?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shannamarietshannamariet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies check out Catering by Design (on whipple) and Dishes by Design too. Their pricing is better (better meaning cheaper!) I have tastings with both at the end of the month. Both offer a larger variety of options as far as food goes too. I met Joe when I began my search for a caterer...he was very nice but I wasn't impressed with the menu options.  I have contact info for both if anyone is interested.
    @Kim I'll send you an email tomorrow with some info

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards