Florida-North Florida

My Experience with a VERY Unprofessional DJ

Ok so here's the deal. Some of you may remember my post last month requesting reviews on my DJ. I don't think I said anything terrible but, I was concerned with the fact that everytime we were to meet, it was at a McDonalds. Totally admitted it was our fault for feeling bad that he assumed we were booking with him and brought a contract the first meeting after I told him that he was the first person we were meeting with/talking with and that we would be looking around. There were a couple things that upset me.

Anyways.. fast forward to today. I get a text from my fiance saying the DJ called him and needed to talk to me ASAP and that he was not happy. I also had 3 missed calls from my DJ within a 2 minute span.

Long story short he told me that today he had googled himself and saw my post and that I was "slamming" him.. and also proceeded to tell my fiance that I slammed him as well. Tried a couple of times to get us to fight. He left me a voicemail saying that if we didn't clear things up we would have to part ways. When I was on the phone with him trying to talk to him he kept interuping me. So I told him I was going to the BBB and that I would be needing my deposit check back and that we would be parting ways. After that he begged me to delete that post because how would that look to other potential brides? Sorry but I am not concerned about his business. If I decide to go with him he will get a review AFTER my Wedding. After begging me to delete the post he wanted me to made a new post saying that everything was cool between us but I was pretty sure, and double checked today that I had already made a post the day I was going to check him out at a Wedding, i said we both liked him and approved.

He said I thought we were good... we were up until today. The post was written BEFORE we had seen him DJ and they were just concerns and I wanted reviews.. is that terrible?

I think we are going to most certainly give him the boot. He is very unprofessional and we both decided that we did not want that at our Wedding. If we have to spend the extra money to find a normal/professional DJ that isn't going to harass us, then we will. What are your thoughts?

Re: My Experience with a VERY Unprofessional DJ

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're doing the right thing by parting ways.  Has he already cashed your deposit check?  If not then stop payment on it.  If so then you need to stay on him until he returns your money.  

From what you wrote, he was acting unprofessional.  If any vendor called me multiple times within a few minute span (heck, even if it was all in one day) because I didn't answer my phone I would be pissed.  I think it's very rude for anyone to do that, especially a vendor.

It sounds like he's new to the business because if this is his style I couldn't imagine he's had a lot of customers.  Hopefully he will see that this is not how you handle situations like this.

Good luck!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you. I wasn't sure if maybe I was being rude. I mean my Dad did say that I should have deleted that post after I had seen him which I will admit when I am wrong, maybe I should have but I DID write nice stuff after seeing him DJ. But that still does not give him the right to act that way. As far as the deposit.. we gave him cash.
    edited December 2011
    I just read your post that he's referring to.  Here's my take on this.

I can understand that there was some confusion and miscommunication on both parts.  You had every right to request to see him in action before signing the contract, although not all DJs (or vendors) will accommodate that request.  Of course he thought you were booking with him right then because that's what he wants.  This is the one sided thought process of all brides and vendors.  It happens.  It sounds like you may have signed the contract before seeing him because you said you may part ways with him then.  Maybe you should have deleted the post, maybe not but that's in the past now.  Planning a wedding can be very stressful and we, the brides, can sometimes be a little jumpy when it comes to our vendors not responding or not giving us the info we need when we need it.  

In the end it sounded like it just wasn't a good fit for either one of you and you need a DJ that you can communicate will with.  I wish you all the luck in finding a new DJ.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks. It's not even so much the communication part it's the fact that he tried cause a fight between me and my fiance as well as all the phone calls and the way he acted yesterday. That was the final straw. Yell
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Thanks. It's not even so much the communication part <strong>it's the fact that he tried cause a fight between me and my fiance as well as all the phone calls and the way he acted yesterday. </strong>That was the final straw.
    Posted by princessbridesgb[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that's pretty inappropriate.  <div>
    </div><div>Out of curiosity, how did he know it was you that posted the thread about him in the first place?</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Good question to be honest. But I am guessing the dates matched up and everything I said rang a bell to him.I didn't even ask. Unless he clicked and saw my name and fiances name in my profile. Not too sure. I tried calling the DJ you used before but was running out the door to babysit so I had to hang up. I am doing things the right way now. Using people that other brides have USED.
  • edited December 2011
    He was yelling at me. HELLO. I AM PAYING YOU.. TALK TO ME NICELY. Everything would have been fine if he would have talked to me nicely. But he acted like a stalker mental case. If he thought that 1 post was bad... what does he think I am going to tell people about him NOW?
  • edited December 2011

Dude, part ways!!!! You have every right to decide what will work for you and what won't.  These boards are meant to learn about different vendors, ask for opinions etc....YOU have the right to explore that.  Reviews are part of having your own business! Honestly customer service is a HUGE part of a vendor's responsibility, especially in the wedding business! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girl! I know. We are. You're right.. you're 100% right. I worked in a hotel as a Wedding planner not to mention the front desk so I know about Customer Service and I am very big on that. I was just questioning myself but I know I wasn't talking sh!t about him or anything. Brides need to know about what happened the other day because that is SO unacceptable. I told him that is one of the reasons brides go on The Knot. To get reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    EXACTLY!!!!!!  Too bad he didn't realize that sooner right? Guess he learned the hard way!  Well I hope that you guys are able to find someone who will do an awesome job and have MUCH better customer service!  I wish I could recommend someone but we are using a very good friend of ours who is flying down from Chicago.  I know there are lots of good options out there though.  Keep looking on the boards, you are sure to find someone good! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • millkn2millkn2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the name of this DJ?
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Scott Murphy
  • kris2131kris2131 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I can recommend our DJ. Carlton from McGee Entertainment. Very professional. In fact, everyone there we've talked to is and my company has used him for our Company holiday parties. I would agree with the others, though. Definitely drop this guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ! I did tonight. I am in the process of writing a post about that.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, makes you think twice about what you have posted... LOL Big brother is watching you!  

I hope you get this all resolved soon & get past it & back to HAPPY wedding planning stuff! I hope you find a DJ company like ours, they have been a dream! 

Good Luck &  Best Wishes, & all that good stuff! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks hun I appreciate it. We have found someone that we love and didn't have to think twice about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards