Florida-North Florida
Options

Ceremony Location-Jax

Hello! I am very new to this board but iI have a question Im hoping someone can help with.
I THINK Ive decided on a location for my reception but the problem is that there is nowhere there for the ceremony. Does anyone know of a nice place decently close to the Neptune Beach/Atlantic Beach area for a ceremony? We really wanted something outside and not in a church.  Im not suer how far of a distance is appropriate to ask guests to travel between ceremony and reception locations. Any help/advice on this would be GREATLYappreaciated.

Re: Ceremony Location-Jax

• Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What reception location are you thinking of?

You could always have the ceremony on the beach...I'm not sure what it takes to make that happen, but it's possible and would be beautiful!

I think having your ceremony and reception venues no more than 15 minutes apart is appropriate.  I have been to wedding where it was 45 minutes and was annoyed...you want people celebrating, not driving :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it would help to know what venue you are thinking of so we can give you better advice.

But I agree with PP that the beach is prob the way to go.
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Beach wedding was my first thought but neither of us really wanted that. I am looking at the Cobalt Moon studio in Neptune Beach...its where they have the Dance Trance classes, its really nice inside with the wood floors and the exposed celings with the beams and the mirrors. Its going to be somewhat small...only about 50 people, NO MORE than 60. Were pretty open to things that may not be "the usual" for a wedding but Im just having a hard time finding anything that I really love and Im not sure what to do. Do I settle for something or keep looking? I really wouldnt mind changing the reception venue either if I found something I loved.

• Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's friend had her wedding reception at Cobalt Moon and loved it.  We looked at it but it was much too small for our reception size...plus parking would be a pain.

However, since there's not really any place around there besides the beach for a ceremony, I'd suggest you look for another unique site where you can have a ceremony on a reception.  Thoughts that come to mind for me are the Cummer Museum & Gardens in Riverside, the Main Library in Downtown Jacksonville, The Florida Theatre in Downtown Jacksonville.  You can do a ceremony outside at the Cummer for sure, I'm pretty sure you can at the library...the Florida Theatre is inside but is still really cool :) Hope that helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards