Florida-North Florida

OOT Bags

I'm trying to think of what to put in my OOT bags.  I would like to include things that are specific to Florida if at all possible.  We're getting married in Tallahassee though, so nothing beach related. 

Any ideas?

Also, if you made a brochure to put in your OOT, show it to me!

Re: OOT Bags

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do OOT bags but I definitely think you should put something FSU related in there (maybe an FSU note pad or something like that).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We're putting water bottles and snacks.  I also made a "Welcome to Gainesville" packet thing that had nearby attractions and restaurants.  I don't have a picture, but they worked out to be 2 6X8 pieces of white card stock with a hole punched in the upper left hand corner so the pages were tied together with pink or green ribbon.  Super easy.  I was also thinking of putting something Gator-y in there.  Maybe a postcard? Haven't figured that out yet.
  • babyblues1186babyblues1186 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in Tally and for my OOT guests im doing a map of the area, downtown, Tenn St, etc.  to help them get around, as well as things to do in town, like the musuems, IMAX, etc. especially if there will be couples with children attending.  We're also making homemade soap to put in the bags.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011

Springtime Tallahassee is the same day as your wedding. If the parade doesn't interfere with the timing of your wedding, you could put info about the parade and surroung events in the OOT bags.

Also include info about fun Tallassee (and surrounding area) gems: Mission San Luis, the Antique Car Museum, St. Marks Lighthouse, Bradley's Country Store, the Capitol, etc.

• duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a list of everything I put in mine on my bio, and I second the idea of calling the visitor's bureau. They were very generous with maps and brochures, and my guests ran all over the place and toured because of it.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I really appreciate all your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards